PR's repertoire

Any corps could do it better by changing one thing...

...and I pray JD Shaw writes into the score: "Don't you DARE play the last 4 notes short!"

Gawd, I can't stand listening to their musical approach on the last 2 measures. Don't get me wrong, I love the rest of it, especially the original. But why clip those notes after 2 minutes of pure lushness?

Story time: We (SCV 84) played Elsa's with Phantom at a picnic event during DATR. While we were learning it, Tim Salzman and Rick South were ADAMANT: "You will play full note values on the penultimate measure!" And we did. It felt awesome as our hornline filled in those awful gaps.

Well aren't you special

• Like 3

Why is it not ####### June yet!?!?!!?!?!

I now have the Contra part from 1979 Elsa's in my possession, emailed to me by another former SCV 1984 contra brother.

It's exactly like I said it was, except there's one more whole note tacked on at the end.

Except for the first measure, there's NOT ONE SINGLE REST IN THE ENTIRE PART. (And no breath marks either!)

Unfortunately, DCP's graphic feature requires that I post the graphic to an external URL, and then link to it. Ain't gunna happen.

I now have the Contra part from 1979 Elsa's in my possession, emailed to me by another former SCV 1984 contra brother.

It's exactly like I said it was, except there's one more whole note tacked on at the end.

Except for the first measure, there's NOT ONE SINGLE REST IN THE ENTIRE PART. (And no breath marks either!)

Unfortunately, DCP's graphic feature requires that I post the graphic to an external URL, and then link to it. Ain't gunna happen.

Use CloudApp to host it privately.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Wow. I'm officially excited for this summer more so than I've been since 2008. Go Regiment!!!

Harvey

Good, they need to get back to classical, they were starting to lose me a bit

The current production of Lohengrin at the Lyric is one of their best of the season and last season too the voices were right on. Although the night I saw it, one of the on-stage trumpets had a few fracks (ekks!!!)

Edited by cowtown

Quite a book...

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB
  • Like 2