paradigm shift?

I think the way forward is to take the best visual ideas and marry them with arrangements that please BOTH the judges and the masses.

it's a jeff thing :tongue:

• Like 1

It's been proven in many walks of life how little polls mean.

Despite this, " polling " ( political, customer surveys, TV, advertisers, stores, educators etc ) is an annual multi billion dollar industry where corporate, government, retailers, researchers in universities etc pollsters spend a LOT of money to find out what people are thinking.

Go figure.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

You are totally right. It's been proven in many walks of life how little polls mean..Plus they are only as good or biased and those filling them out. :smile:

yeah and polling answered DCI's question of why it lost fans.

let's see if they listen

) But in this case Lance, while you and some others may have loved the 2010 SCV show, it hard to make a compelling case this show was " equally loved by fans and judges ".

I wasn't saying that. Sorry for not being clear.

I'm an others Brasso. I like music Lance. If the music moves emotionally, it's easier to move and emote the music or we can have a 7th inning stretch, an intermission. Music is it! imo

• Like 1

I wasn't saying that. Sorry for not being clear.

You were perfectly clear. Haters gonna hate. :sad:

Despite this, " polling " ( political, customer surveys, TV, advertisers, stores, educators etc ) is an annual multi billion dollar industry where corporate, government, retailers, researchers in universities etc pollsters spend a LOT of money to find out what people are thinking.

Go figure.

They sure do but never tells an entire story. In a niche as small as drum corps, maybe it tells more maybe less but I would love to see actual #s on how many respond to these polls. Now that many tell an entire different story know matter what the poll says. I bet 90% of who i know don't fill these things out nor follow news groups.

Well whatever it is I guess it's some indicator.

yeah and polling answered DCI's question of why it lost fans.

let's see if they listen

Yeah WGI I believe is experiencing the same. Although I believe championship #s maybe up or stable regionals seem to be very light the past few years and I do know for sure people are complaing about the lack of entertainment , amoung other complaints.