Defenders add to staff

The Defenders Alumni Corps is proud to announce the addition of UMass Lowell Music Professor Deb Huber to the Brass staff.

Debra-Nicole Huber, Conductor in the music performance area in the Department of music is the Director of Instrumental Music Outreach and Associate Director of University Bands.

Huber is the Conductor and Artistic Director of the UMass Lowell New England Youth Wind Ensemble, the New England Junior Wind Ensemble, Director of the Music Technology Lab, and is the Associate Director of University Bands, including the Jazz-Rock Big Band, Pep Band and the Marching Band. She is the Executive Director of the UMass Lowell Mary Jo Leahey Symphonic Band Camp program, now in its 15th year.

As a conductor in the performance area of the University of Massachusetts Lowell's Department of Music, she has taught Conducting, Instrumental Music, and Music Technology over the past 20+ years. In her role as Associate Director of University Bands, Ms. Huber has received recognition from the University of Massachusetts Lowell as Advisor of the Year. Ms. Huber is a 2008 recipient of the Massachusetts Music Education Association’s Advocate Award.

The Defenders are very excited to add Deb to an already outstanding staff.

Welcome Deb.

AWESOME NEWS!!! But....Has she ever won the Dream? :tongue:

(Sorry....I couldn't resist)!!

Good luck Defenders!!!! Can't wait to see you guys at the Lawrence show in July where I will be performing with the Caballeros!

• Like 1

AWESOME NEWS!!! But....Has she ever won the Dream?

Deb is no stranger to drum corps having worked with East Coast Jazz and playing on occaision with Legends.

As far as the Dream. She didn't march with a Jersey corps so I would say probably not.

AWESOME NEWS!!! But....Has she ever won the Dream? :tongue:

(Sorry....I couldn't resist)!!

Good luck Defenders!!!! Can't wait to see you guys at the Lawrence show in July where I will be performing with the Caballeros!

Funny!

I remember the Dream with the 27th Lancers.

I'm not saying the fix was in, but when they announced us, they said, "And on the Starting line, the 27th Lancers with a score of..."

I can't wait to see the Cabs in Lawrence. Hopefully you can put them over the top.

I think it's your turn (6 in a row is enough!)

See you in Lawrence,

Steve

The Defenders Alumni Corps is proud to announce the addition of UMass Lowell Music Professor Deb Huber to the Brass staff.

Debra-Nicole Huber, Conductor in the music performance area in the Department of music is the Director of Instrumental Music Outreach and Associate Director of University Bands.

Huber is the Conductor and Artistic Director of the UMass Lowell New England Youth Wind Ensemble, the New England Junior Wind Ensemble, Director of the Music Technology Lab, and is the Associate Director of University Bands, including the Jazz-Rock Big Band, Pep Band and the Marching Band. She is the Executive Director of the UMass Lowell Mary Jo Leahey Symphonic Band Camp program, now in its 15th year.

As a conductor in the performance area of the University of Massachusetts Lowell's Department of Music, she has taught Conducting, Instrumental Music, and Music Technology over the past 20+ years. In her role as Associate Director of University Bands, Ms. Huber has received recognition from the University of Massachusetts Lowell as Advisor of the Year. Ms. Huber is a 2008 recipient of the Massachusetts Music Education Association’s Advocate Award.

The Defenders are very excited to add Deb to an already outstanding staff.

Welcome Deb.

The Defenders are also proud to announce the addition of Gil Lapointe to the brass staff.

He is the high school band director at Lynn High School.

He's also worked with many drum & bugle corps and high school marching bands in our area.

He played contra bass for me in the 1985 & 1986 D.C.I. Div. 3 champions - The Sancians of Weymouth.

Welcome Gil