Gas prices

With gas being $4 a gallon now in CA, do you think that will effect attendance at shows.

If gas stays high this summer will you travel to Indy?

Fuel costs in England is crippling...... over 10 dollars a gallon right now!!!!

Ah, I remember now. I'm in the process of developing a backpack system so I can take the contraption anywhere I can walk, except for airports, of course, as I doubt I would get it through security.

I might be interested in your invention Michael, provided you can assure me that your walkabout backpack system wouldn't leak.

Edited by BRASSO

I know I've always paid much less for gas than when I'm in Illinois.

That strikes me as odd. Whenever I’m forced into Indiana, I stock up on everything as it’s so much cheaper. Chicago often has one of the highest gas prices in the lower 48, was just in the news again as such

here is a web site that shows averages, you can set it for a 24 month average state by state and Illinois come out more expensive for gas over Indiana always for the past 24 months (I set it for this but don't know if you'll have to re-set it)

where do you buy gas in Illinois, I could use a deal

This chart may be useful for consideration in where and when to fuel going cross country

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?time=24

That strikes me as odd. Whenever I’m forced into Indiana, I stock up on everything as it’s so much cheaper. Chicago often has one of the highest gas prices in the lower 48, was just in the news again as such

here is a web site that shows averages, you can set it for a 24 month average state by state and Illinois come out more expensive for gas over Indiana always for the past 24 months (I set it for this but don't know if you'll have to re-set it)

where do you buy gas in Illinois, I could use a deal

This chart may be useful for consideration in where and when to fuel going cross country

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?time=24

Cow: I made a HUGE mistake. Thanks for catching it. (I've edited the post to read "more" and not "less.")

Whenever I visited my parents only six miles inside Illinois from Indiana, I noted that the prices were typically about fifteen cents more than what I was paying in Indiana.

Ah, I remember now. I'm in the process of developing a backpack system so I can take the contraption anywhere I can walk, except for airports, of course, as I doubt I would get it through security.

I think that is called a "Depends", Mike.

I might be interested in your invention Michael, provided you can assure me that your walkabout backpack system wouldn't leak.

I can't promise that, which is why I'm developing a system on wheels with a small motorcycle engine attached.

I think that is called a "Depends", Mike.

I want to avoid any trademark infractions, so I'm calling my invention "Reliize," (a marketing rework of the word "Relies;" which probably wouldn't sell well in Belize because the people there would mispronounce it.

I can't promise that, which is why I'm developing a system on wheels with a small motorcycle engine attached.

I think GM is already ahead of you in such a creation that's in the works Michael. It'll be called the Chevy Camaro, Commode Limited Edition.

Like most of their contraptions over the years, it'll run on wheels, it'll be big on gas, it'll have a small motorcycle like engine attached, and it'll run like s....... oh, never mind.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Rising fuel costs will certainly impact the travel expenses of the Corps. This we can all agree on.

well 8 corps get bigger paydays at select shows, so maybe that payout will offset the extra travel required to get to those shows

well 8 corps get bigger paydays at select shows, so maybe that payout will offset the extra travel required to get to those shows

But who's paying to offset the bigger paydays those corps will receive? It's the ticket buying fan of course. And if they are coming from out of town will they pay the higher costs of fuel to get there? Only time will tell.

• Like 1