Uniform Changes

I remember my old JR.corps Menominee Northernaires 60's uni were almost identical to the Cavis.In 69 we obtained Ike Jackets from Madison.Being all male at the time it was funny. coming on to the field and listening to the people in the stands trying to figure out if we were the scouts or the Cavies.

We did have a strong connection to the Cavies in the fact that we had Monk come up as a instuctor along with Denny Hagner writing some of our drum book.

I think the Ike jackets you are talking about were from the West Point uniforms that Madison wore 67(?) and 68. Before the Ikes they wore these from 62. They looked better with black shoes (62-65).

Madison.jpg

Before these they wore the traditional explorer uniforms, which they brought back in 69. This pic is from 66.

Here's one I was looking for ... the change for the Bpt. PAL from 64 to 65

2034676988_c56bb218f9_o.jpg

The most seismic changes I can think of have to be the Banana/"Apollo" look in 76 and the beach look VK threw down in 1982. Interesting that those are the two looks we associate with the "clown prince" corps. Changes in latitude, changes in attitude.

I think the Ike jackets you are talking about were from the West Point uniforms that Madison wore 67(?) and 68. Before the Ikes they wore these from 62. They looked better with black shoes (62-65).

Madison.jpg

Before these they wore the traditional explorer uniforms, which they brought back in 69. This pic is from 66.

The Northernaires got the above shackos also.I remember having to take the explorer emblem off and switching them for ours.

Spirit of Atlanta, from 1980 to '81, and then from 87 to 88.

Madison.jpg

What the heck are the horns? Look like single piston bass Baris as look awful large and can't see a rotor.

Not earth shattereing but Westshormen changed unis twice in the late 70s, each change was a new direction.

pre-76: cadet type with powder blue top and "Bonnie Scot" (corps they merged with) plaid sash, black pants and (spray painted black) shako. (no pic :doh: )

76-78: Blue Devils old uni (satin blue blouses/silver sash and cumberbund) when they switched (same shako)

79: black with blue trim, looked sharp in the light and honr line disappeared in the back of dimmly lit stadiums (same #### shako)

80-?: replaced shako (how old WERE they) with white Aussie (mine turned green after a few years :blink: )

Sorry I can't get to Photobucket for pics...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

IMG_0015-1.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0016-2.jpg

IMG_0001-8.jpg

n1551814724_30140792_6443.jpg

01_09_2009_glassmen_94.jpg

2007_glassmen.jpg

glassmen1.jpg

I think these are the eight with some variations on the theme especially front 2000 - 2009

LOL Tip City!

Star of Indiana '88 to '89, Pink tops with white stars changed to the Red tops with sashes, for the British show. Then, Star 92 to 93, red tops and white pants for the American Variations show changed to the creme color for Bartok.

Arbella 81 to 82. In '81 they were all girl, skirts and boots with sailor tops changed to pants and blue tops with white sash and shako.

Avant Garde, big change when they acquired the old VERY BRIGHT yellow tops from the Seneca Optimists.