Your favorite Corps show

Best corps: 1983, of course.

Best show: 1985, Superstar. I never thought it was possible to draw as close as we did with that source material.

Most fun: 1986, when Pat Petrillo was hired to remind everyone that there was a drumline in Geneseo.

• Like 2

With my Corps there are so many,

2010 MADISON SCOUTS, cant go wrong with any of them.

that last one was a pretty good show

99 and 03 werent too bad either

• Like 1

Well... with only one year of DCI experience under my belt so far, I'm gonna have to go with the 2010 Jersey Surf.

HOWEVER, if the corps improves at the rate it has this year compared to last year, there will definitely be a new favorite of mine. smile.gif

Academy - 06&07

BD- '96, '99, '03, '04, '06-'10

Gotta say for me it's tough. For a corps with such a (sadly) short history, there were many good shows. I could go with 83, when the little corps from Florida exploded onto the national scene, taking 5th in Semifinals before finishing 6th in their first finals appearance (and only their 4th year of existence). Or I could claim the groundbreaking 88 show, which I marched, that brought a completely different (and ahead of its time) show to the activity. I could take the easy pick of 86, the corps' highest competitive placement, or the landmark 85 show, with its first ever 100% original book.

However, I have to go with the 1984 Vietnam show. Almost to a member the kids who put on that show, along with the impromptu performance at the (then new) Vietnam War Memorial, state that it was THE seminal moment not only of their drum corps careers, but of their lives. The show still gives me goosebumps. So yeah... 84 Suncoast.

And what a group of shows to choose from! (I personally lean towards '85, though. :cool: )

From the years I marched, I'd have to go with 1983 VF and 2003 'Gades.

85. Having marched 85-86-87, 85 stands out as kind of a magical year. The corps was very seasoned, having only 22 holes from 84 in the hornline. The year also stands out as having almost a complete lack of drama internally. The veterans were legendary. Being a rookie, it was such a privledge to be a part of that corps. And the show itself was a players' show. Great music, great drill to march, really satisfying.

I dropped out of the drum corps scene between 1980 when my corps stopped making finals and about 2002 when I discovered that it was still in action, so my experiences are limited to the 70s and 2000s.

In the last 10 years, I'd have to say that The Factory was my favorite, although its close with a couple of others.

From BITD, I'd say 1977.