SHOW HYPE!

1st corps: someone would yell stadium lights and then a long song followed. then someone always played the same song over his speakers in the back of the bus. as the season progressed i slowly just started listening to my ipod.

also, shows seemed to be a good 30-40min away so after i got on the bus i would polish my horn one last time and take a nap only to be woke up by the stadium lights call.

2nd corps: depending on the ride, usually about 15min, but some days it lasted much longer, away from the show site someone would come to the front of the bus and start playing songs off of ipods that were passed up. there were a few songs that were always played and we would sing along with them. the playlist always ended with the same song as we stepped off of the bus. as soon as we stepped off, time to start locking it in

on finals night as we showed up into the lot, we began shaking the bus until someone on staff told us we should stop.

EDIT: I'd rather not get personal about said first experience...

I can't remember - did you ride Twit?

Edited by DrillmanSop06

When I marched, waaaay BITD, we sang a song from our show on the bus. I think we were trying it out as a corps song...If You Believe from The Wiz...but it didn't stick. It was, however, very appropriate and moving and got us in a great frame of mind.

edit

Edited by doyle079