SHOW HYPE!

Crown Horn Bus singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" worked like a charm every show!

Our vet bus would sing along to Don't Stop Me Now all the time, Queen is such great hype music.

Our vet bus would sing along to Don't Stop Me Now all the time, Queen is such great hype music.

Couldn't agree more! We had a 'Hype CD' that had tons of great music, but mostly Queen :tongue:

As soon as the show prep started, I would turn on the CD player 1 year...Ipod the rest. Stevie Wonder. From the time I polished my horn, to just before getting off the bus, Stevie was all I heard.

Edited by Teamcoco3
  • Like 1

For myself i wouild get on the bus make sure i have everything with me I may need. I'll turn on my Ipod crank up some hype playlist i make every year. Then I would relax take a empty seat and pass out until we get there and i would unload dress in halves put that horn up to my face and blow that is how I would presonally pump myself up. I would get freaking pumped during or chord warm up exercise since i would just blow my balls off.

We didn’t really call it hype back then – it was usually a stern lecture mixed with a few thinly veiled threats from the staff and a stone silence that we pretended was concentration often mixed with a lot of parade rest

• Like 2

Stadium lights!!

Not sure they still do this at Regiment, but that was it for us.

It's funny to see all the people mentioning sleeping or napping on the bus on the way to a show. In the majority of the corps I marched with, sleeping on the way to competition was very much not allowed. The reasoning was that they were worried you'd wake up groggy and not be at your best. Not saying either way is right or wrong, just found it to be an interesting contrast.

Stadium lights!!

It's funny to see all the people mentioning sleeping or napping on the bus on the way to a show. In the majority of the corps I marched with, sleeping on the way to competition was very much not allowed. The reasoning was that they were worried you'd wake up groggy and not be at your best. Not saying either way is right or wrong, just found it to be an interesting contrast.

That's certainly a good reason to not take naps, but I think it just comes down to the individual and how their body acts after sleep. I think it's everyone's responsibility to do all they can to be ready for the show. For some that is taking a nap. For others, it's staying wide awake.

Whatever works!

P.S. I think our guard wasn't allowed to take naps on the way to shows for a little while because of a few of them being groggy once... or something like that. I don't really remember.

1st corps: someone would yell stadium lights and then a long song followed. then someone always played the same song over his speakers in the back of the bus. as the season progressed i slowly just started listening to my ipod.

2nd corps: depending on the ride, usually about 15min, but some days it lasted much longer, away from the show site someone would come to the front of the bus and start playing songs off of ipods that were passed up. there were a few songs that were always played and we would sing along with them. the playlist always ended with the same song as we stepped off of the bus.

on finals night as we showed up into the lot, we began rocking the bus until someone on staff told us we should stop.

Edited by wcmello09
  • Like 1

Stadium lights!!

For me, it's just a natural reaction. If I'm in a moving a vehicle and I'm not driving, I'm sound asleep in 10 minutes or less. Not sure I could keep myself awake if I tried - then again, I never really have.

Usually show hype music was running from the front of the bus, or I'd put in my iPod and play my own stuff. Polishing the horn, since I was on bus loading, so didn't have time before we'd leave, and playing euph meant lots of horn to polish and relax.

And then the godwalk. Nothing is more powerful than that, even getting other corps to move out of the way as you pass through. :thumbup: