Attn: So. California Percussionists

The San Diego Symphony has a very special program coming up in early April. Renowned percussionist DAME EVELYN GLENNIE will be performing John Corigliano's percussion concerto, CONJURER, with the San Diego Symphony.

The weekend will start out on Thursday, April 7th at 7:30 pm with a SYMPHONY EXPOSED program focusing entirely on the Corigliano piece. Join host Nuvi Mehta, the composer and performer as they analyze the piece in-depth and perform it as well.

Then on Friday, April 8th at 7:30 pm and Sunday, April 10th at 2:00 pm the Corigliano piece will be performed in the Symphony's JACOBS MASTERWORKS CONCERT along with Beethoven's 2nd Symphony and Franz Liszt's Les préludes.

This will be a very exciting weekend....one you DON'T want to miss!

www.sandiegosymphony.com

• Like 1

I'm impressed - a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with World Class DCI Drum Corps and it's been open for almost 2 hours! :thumbup:

• Like 2

I'm impressed - a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with World Class DCI Drum Corps and it's been open for almost 2 hours! :thumbup:

Speaking of that:

In before the close! :thumbup:

• Like 1

You're right. Let me right this wrong.

Les préludes has been played by numerous corps, including The Cavaliers and Southwind. In 1974 it was performed by both Phantom Regiment and Velvet Knights.

Phantom Regiment has played John Corigliano TWICE over the past few years.

Corps too numerous to mention have played Beethoven.

Thank you for paying attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen EVELYN GLENNIE in concert a few times. Needless to say, she's absolutely incredible. I think, the best concert percussionist living today.

I've seen EVELYN GLENNIE in concert a few times. Needless to say, she's absolutely incredible. I think, the best concert percussionist living today.

And a good friend of mine who played snare in Blue Devils was a percussionist in the San Diego Symphony.

Renowned percussionist DAME EVELYN GLENNIE will be performing John Corigliano's percussion concerto, CONJURER, with the San Diego Symphony.

Not only am I a huge Evelyn Glennie fan, I played her old marimba for several years. My corps bought it off her for 700 quid back in the mid 80s.

For those who don't know, she isn't just an amazing percussionist, she's an amazing profoundly deaf percussionist.

You're in for a real treat!