The Unofficial Blue Devils 2011 Thread

Just talked with my buddy marching there. Yes, they have a "new" condensed opener (you can find it on TSWSNBN) and some small changes throughout, but there is no new ending....yet.

Edited by loopin' froot loops

music this year is wonderful. looking forward to the new tune at the end.

i really don't care for all of the stuff all over the field this year. the past couple of years, the chairs and mirrors have been wonderful devices to really enhance the sophisticated visual program the corps performs. this year, it feels more like the show becomes all about the stuff that covers half the field. i hope they go in a different direction visually next year, and stick with the big, lush brass books.

• Like 2

Page 6? bump.

Don't you all have a show tonight?

Nice score last night.

Now That's What I'm Talking About!

Never, Ever... under estimate the heart of a Champion!

If you want to be the... Champion, you have to BEAT the... Champion.

GO BLUE DEVILS!

Edited by thirdcoast

Just talked with my buddy marching there. Yes, they have a "new" condensed opener (you can find it on TSWSNBN) and some small changes throughout, but there is no new ending....yet.

I'm conflicted. I liked the slow blossoming of the prior opener, but this new one solves a lot of problems... They move more, the sopranos are no longer playing Lincoln logs and doing corny, static dance moves, etc.

I'm not sure why they couldn't have solved those problems while maintaining the opener's music, though.

Since we're not going to see any shows in CANADA this year...AGAIN, THANKS DCI, I can only comment on the scores I've been seeing. Is this the first season since 1974 that the BLUE DEVILS fall OUT of the top 5 ?? Only time will tell.

• Like 1

Newbie here. Against my better judgement, I decided to start posting here. I know us BD fans are in short supply on these boards.

BD went to the well one too many times with the props and scurrying about the field. The visual program is lacking at the moment. Too bad because the music is gorgeous. Closer is unbelievable music-wise and is right up there with "Winged Victory." Don't think Devs will take it this year, but the show will be memorable for the music. No one sounds like BD.

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 2

Newbie here. Against my better judgement, I decided to start posting here. I know us BD fans are in short supply on these boards.

BD went to the well one too many times with the props and scurrying about the field. The visual program is lacking at the moment. Too bad because the music is gorgeous. Closer is unbelievable music-wise and is right up there with "Winged Victory." Don't think Devs will take it this year, but the show will be memorable for the music. No one sounds like BD.

re: your signature. You were the heartbeat?

Deep. :worthy:

Please note that it was *extremely* difficult for me to refrain from making a corny joke that played on the name of this year's show. :shutup::tongue:

Edited by saxfreq1128

re: your signature. You were the heartbeat?

Deep. :worthy:

Please note that it was *extremely* difficult for me to refrain from making a corny joke that played on the name of this year's show. :shutup::tongue:

I was one of several in the pit that played heartbeats throughout the show, but I played most of them, including the opening and closing ones. I hadn't even thought about the heartbeat thing in relation to this years show. No I feel like an idiot :)

Edited by mboogey73

This is a HUGE weekend for all the Drum and Bugle Corps out west. Really BIG for the Defending DCI World Champion... THE BLUE DEVILS. Can't wait to see you LIVE in MINN. Your hornline is the bomb!

GO BLUE DEVILS!

Edited by thirdcoast