Connecticut Hurricanes Announce 2011 Program

The Connecticut Hurricanes are pleased and excited to announce that their 2011 program will be “Gershwin: Old, New, and Blue”. George Gershwin (1898-1937) was an American composer whose compositions mark the entrance of America into the serious international classical music world. His musicals and popular songs are among the finest in those genres, and his [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2011/03/connecticut-hurricanes-announce-2011-program/

Hurricanes are playing Gershwin but not playing "Hurricane" from the Porgy and Bess suite? Talk about missing an opportunity...

Seriously though, sounds like a great show, can't wait to see it. I'm sure your mallet players are having fun with the Catfish Intro.

Hurricanes are playing Gershwin but not playing "Hurricane" from the Porgy and Bess suite? Talk about missing an opportunity...

Seriously though, sounds like a great show, can't wait to see it. I'm sure your mallet players are having fun with the Catfish Intro.

Hey Doug!

Listen closely when you hear the show this season.....see if you can find our "Hurricane" in there. :satisfied:

The Connecticut Hurricanes are pleased and excited to announce that their 2011 program will be “Gershwin: Old, New, and Blue”. George Gershwin (1898-1937) was an American composer whose compositions mark the entrance of America into the serious international classical music world. His musicals and popular songs are among the finest in those genres, and his [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2011/03/connecticut-hurricanes-announce-2011-program/

As an old time Hurricane who played during the 60's and 70's, I will be looking forward to seeing the show this year, hopefully at the Barnum Festival; SOMF

As an old time Hurricane who played during the 60's and 70's, I will be looking forward to seeing the show this year, hopefully at the Barnum Festival; SOMF

i'm with you billy...we played gershwin many times through the years...kind of hard to go wrong with any of his tunes! our alma mater is celebrating 80 years in 2011 with and entire gershwin show! i too am looking forward to an exciting year.. :thumbup: see you at the festival....somf

i'm with you billy...we played gershwin many times through the years...kind of hard to go wrong with any of his tunes! our alma mater is celebrating 80 years in 2011 with and entire gershwin show! i too am looking forward to an exciting year.. :thumbup: see you at the festival....somf

80 years, huh John? I'll bet to you it doesn't seem much more than 60!

You handing out lollipops to guard members yet?

This sounds like a really awesome show. It will be a pleasure to hear it. Good luck this season.

80 years, huh John? I'll bet to you it doesn't seem much more than 60!

You handing out lollipops to guard members yet?

hibernation ended? winter's over....the wooly one is back...striking in the middle of the night no less! hope to see you too in bridgeport. and actually, my time still seems like only yesterday! who you callin' old?

You got that right! lol :rolleyes: