Onyx

That is mean for you to say. :( All drum corps stand like that at retreat. For drum corps its considered a respect and discipline thing. And respecting the uniform that is currently classifying them in front of thousands. Before retreat in the hall Onyx was talking to my group and many others. And taking pictures, and just having a good time with friends from other guards. For the most part they know most of those people from other guards because they marched corps with them, silly. So they all know what it is like to stand still at retreat. :) No hard feelings from me. Its cool you respected your program and uniform, like many of us do for corps. :)

• Like 3

To be completely honest I think they were all told to be like that. I mean wouldn't you show that a forum such as this doesn't phase you. Let's be real, most of the members probably had their feelings hurt after reading this. All their hard work was being chastised for nothing. They attempted a new idea that their director designed and did it well if you ask me.

On a side note, I will not be hidden but I am a performer of Braddock Independent and when we came back in line after receiving our medal, everyone in Onyx was congratulating us under their breath. They are very nice and had nothing but good things to say to us. I have a lot of respect for them after this season. They are a great group and have been doing new things in this sport for two years now...I wouldn't be the least but surprised if they do so next year. Great Job on a fantastic season Onyx!

This person speaks the truth!!! The wonderful truth. :) An old flag tech I had at corps marches braddock and a girl I marched with that yr marches onyx. They stood almost right next to each other in retreat. It was so cool for a former teacher and student to do that. And they were nothing but happy for each other. :)

• Like 4

The judges dont reward scores on their opinions of liking or disliking the show, silly. :)

You seem to forget there is a criteria also being judged. Based on many things MOST get slammed for Onyx chose to do. As I have said before it's the world class double standard for sure at work .

HOW are you proving me wrong? I stated that I don't recall ever seeing more than 15 people spinning. What I did NOT say was that there was never more than 15 spinning. Big difference. Also, if they are all on one tarp and there is no way to count how many are spinning, then how do you know it's more than 15? I would love to know how you proved me wrong. I said they would not win, and they didn't. I said I hated the show, and I do.

I guess I will never know the exact number of people spinning in that show because not only will I NOT pay close attention, I won't view it again. I find it to be garbage. If Bob's Guard from Paducah did that show, they would have never made it past semi-finals.....

I'm done on the subject of Onyx until they step out of The Louvre and return to world of SPINNING!

Well if you actually viewed the show more than one or two times you would know that im talking about two different parts of the show, as they are all on one tarp spinning towards the end of the show.

• Like 1

So I feel like theres people here that are merely posting hatred, hatred towards the Ensemble, the Directors, and the Performers in specific. Which isn't aiding to the conversation (Scott Markum [or however you spell it] and TKYR_FA1986), well atleast in a positive way.

I wish you guys would have actually stayed on topic instead of resorting to hate because you didnt understand Onyx's show, and it looks really bad.

I know im no moderater or admin here but just saying.

So thanks to everyone that aided to this convo :)

FYI - Personally, I loved onyx show this year.

• Like 3

Mr. Hill corrected his article. Sonnor's flagwork is very lyrical; sending hugs from Alberta!

Now where was I? Yes. Onyx has poetry. What poem and who narrates? I'm curious :-)

The author is a poet named Charles Bukowski. I believe they used more than one of his pieces. He is actually the narrator as well.

This is the poem that they had at the end:

So I feel like theres people here that are merely posting hatred, hatred towards the Ensemble, the Directors, and the Performers in specific. Which isn't aiding to the conversation (Scott Markum [or however you spell it] and TKYR_FA1986), well atleast in a positive way.

I wish you guys would have actually stayed on topic instead of resorting to hate because you didnt understand Onyx's show, and it looks really bad.

I know im no moderater or admin here but just saying.

So thanks to everyone that aided to this convo :)

FYI - Personally, I loved onyx show this year.

Clearly you didn't read my posts before you referenced them...they are all VERY MUCH on topic...the topic is "Onyx". And...it's Markham; You should really read and know how to correctly reference if you are going to "hate" (to reference a term you used).

Scott Markham

Edited by RiseUP79
  • Like 4