Onyx

I am not surprised to read all the strong opinions on the Onyx show, but I am very surprised at the vitriolic commets coming from some of the posters on this board. Whether you like the show or not, I find it hard to imagine that this show motivated you to the emotion of hate. If you get that worked up over a colorguard show perhaps you should seek medical attention and get an anti-anxiety pill. I hear Paxil works wonders. The show is very different indeed, but I do not see people running around. I see highly skilled performers dancing. I also find it odd that for years we were begging designers for different and unique programs. Then when we get something truly different we bash it. I guess that is how things go in the artistic world, lest we forget the riot " the rite of spring" incited. I also think it is intriguing that people seem to react to the show as if it has personally offended them. I wonder if JMR would be so critical of the show if their child were marching with Onyx instead of Corona?...I am looking forward to seeing all shows in Dayton...and mildly hoping for a riot.

Mamaw-

People hate all sorts of things; movies, snakes, Brussel Sprouts and yes even guard shows. It doesn't mean they require medication. Actually I don't see anything remotely vitriolic about the comments. I don't hate the design team, I don't hate the members, but I hate the show. This is a judged activity, so why get upset when people judge it?

People hate all sorts of things; movies, snakes, Brussel Sprouts and yes even guard shows. It doesn't mean they require medication. Actually I don't see anything remotely vitriolic about the comments. I don't hate the design team, I don't hate the members, but I hate the show. This is a judged activity, so why get upset when people judge it?

Amen.

word

Okay, so you hate snakes, but you understand their vital role to the ecosystem. You hate brussel sprouts, but you understand that they are good and healthy. Why is it impossible to hate Onyx's show and still understand that it is pushing the bounderies of winterguard? That what Onyx is doing, is good for WGI? I don't necessarily love their show, but I can put my own personal opinions aside and see the talent, the intricate design, and why they are getting the scores that they are. People can hate it, but they should at least try and be a little more subjective...though I know they won't :)

• Like 3

Okay, so you hate snakes, but you understand their vital role to the ecosystem. You hate brussel sprouts, but you understand that they are good and healthy. Why is it impossible to hate Onyx's show and still understand that it is pushing the bounderies of winterguard? That what Onyx is doing, is good for WGI? I don't necessarily love their show, but I can put my own personal opinions aside and see the talent, the intricate design, and why they are getting the scores that they are. People can hate it, but they should at least try and be a little more subjective...though I know they won't :)

well. maybe some feel there is NO design, isn't pushing boundries...just thought

OMG you people are wearing me out with this tired back and forth conversation - someone pee on it, claim victory and let's move on.

:thumbup:

how do i 'hide' conversations on here?

OMG you people are wearing me out with this tired back and forth conversation - someone pee on it, claim victory and let's move on.

:thumbup:

how do i 'hide' conversations on here?

Why do you hate it...there usually arent any converstions on here. It's actually the deadest forum of them all.

COnversations are good if you like the content or not. It at least show some kind of interest. :thumbup:

My kids would say Im stubborn...this would be a perfect example. LOL :thumbup:

oh gez... this isn't even a conversation........... it's just back and forth on who's right and who's wrong.....

:sleeping:

and don't ever put the word hate in my mouth - thx