Can anyone tell me which corps used the commercial jingles?

Another weird question, but I am almost sure that some corps back in the late 70's or maybe early 80s did a show where they combined commercial jingles. I think I'm A Pepper was one of the ones used. I am not sure if they made top 12 or not, but I just can't seem to remember who it was. I can't seem to find anything on corps reps. It seems like it would have been a Velvet Knights type of show, but I don't think it was VK. Anyone else remember this show?

Another weird question, but I am almost sure that some corps back in the late 70's or maybe early 80s did a show where they combined commercial jingles. I think I'm A Pepper was one of the ones used. I am not sure if they made top 12 or not, but I just can't seem to remember who it was. I can't seem to find anything on corps reps. It seems like it would have been a Velvet Knights type of show, but I don't think it was VK. Anyone else remember this show?

The Guardsmen Drum Corps participated in what I think was a kentucky Fried Chicken ( or some other fast food chain ) TV commercial that went national for a bit. That's the closest thing to your question that I recall a Corps doing in the 70's or 80's regarding a commercial. VK also had signs they used in their shows with jingles, maybe they were commercial, and somebody could chime in on that.

Edited by BRASSO

Thanks, I don't remember that commercial. The show used quite a few jingles that were popular from that time. I remember the I'm a Pepper You're a Pepper wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too jingle was used. I think either Coke or Pepsi might have had one of their jingles used in this show as well. I am hoping someone can remember which show it was. If it did make top 12, I'd love to watch it again. I guess it could have also been a DII/III corps that did it, although I thought it was a DI corps. I think the guard was doing leg kicks in a line to the Pepper jingle part, which once again would lead me to think VK.

VK's "Hollywood" (1990) sure was fun - if someone did do a jingle show, I'd like to listen to it. :music:

The closest thing I can think of is the "Dutch Boy clicks with TV and Flicks" show in 1986.