If we were to have a brand new champion

At this point in time, only 6 active corps have won a World Class/DI championship. If there were to be someone new to win, who would you most like to see win it?

If you would have asked me that a few years ago, I probably would have answered either Bluecoats or Crossmen. These were two corps who had made top 6 but never quite gotten higher(Bluecoats have since passed that a couple of times now). But after having put alot of thought into this, my new answer would be.........

Pioneer.

I know that there are many corps deserving of a championship, as all of the corps work extremely hard during the season. But to me, Pioneer is such a building block in the drum corps community, it would be nice to see them rewarded for all their gifts to the other corps over the years. And kind of like seeing the underdogs in the NCAA mens and women's tournaments beating the powerhouses, it would just be kind of cool to see Pioneer knock off the likes of Blue Devils, Cavaliers, and Cadets. It would also be cool to see members who have marched Cavies, BD and Cadets going to Pioneer. This is not meant as a slam on any of these corps, it would just be kind of neat.

I don't foresee Pioneer ever winning in the near future, I don't think that is even on their list of goals, or of any importance to them, but it would be nice to see them get some of the acknowledgement they deserve for all they have contributed to the activity.

My next 4 choices would be Bluecoats, Crossmen, Colts and Blue Knights. Although wouldn't it be cool if in the next 17 years, there could be 17 different champions(or 20+ with a couple of ties)

At this point in time, only 6 active corps have won a World Class/DI championship. If there were to be someone new to win, who would you most like to see win it?

If you would have asked me that a few years ago, I probably would have answered either Bluecoats or Crossmen. These were two corps who had made top 6 but never quite gotten higher(Bluecoats have since passed that a couple of times now). But after having put alot of thought into this, my new answer would be.........

Pioneer.

I know that there are many corps deserving of a championship, as all of the corps work extremely hard during the season. But to me, Pioneer is such a building block in the drum corps community, it would be nice to see them rewarded for all their gifts to the other corps over the years. And kind of like seeing the underdogs in the NCAA mens and women's tournaments beating the powerhouses, it would just be kind of cool to see Pioneer knock off the likes of Blue Devils, Cavaliers, and Cadets. It would also be cool to see members who have marched Cavies, BD and Cadets going to Pioneer. This is not meant as a slam on any of these corps, it would just be kind of neat.

I don't foresee Pioneer ever winning in the near future, I don't think that is even on their list of goals, or of any importance to them, but it would be nice to see them get some of the acknowledgement they deserve for all they have contributed to the activity.

My next 4 choices would be Bluecoats, Crossmen, Colts and Blue Knights. Although wouldn't it be cool if in the next 17 years, there could be 17 different champions(or 20+ with a couple of ties)

It's embedded in most American's DNA to root for the underdog. Few people read the tale of David and Goliath and are hoping that Goliath prevails over David in the battle. So I'm with you, it would be refeshing to see more surprises in placements each year beyond the usual one or two placement shifts we see with 90% of the Corps from one year to the next. When we talk about " change ", it sure would be refreshing to see some Corps come out of the lower pack and shock the beejessus out of everyone and win the whole shebang. Frankly, I can't think of anything else that could shake up the activity and add more pizazz to it than to have something like this occur. But I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by BRASSO

Arizona Academy. They've been doing everything right as they climb the ladder. Top-notch staff, great involvement with the community, no over-reaching their budget, and their show designs are getting better and better with each passing year as they develop a unique identity. This is a corps executing it's plans to a tee.

...but in my heart of hearts I want Madison to win next, if only to hear a champion win with face-melting, screaming jazz and toe-tapping melodies.

• Like 3

Pioneer.

• Like 2

Geneseo Knights.