BEST OF THE 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

I think you are 100% wrong. Premonition was fun, in your face and entertaining before this season. Now they are NEi Open and you know it. I personally like the old Premonition better. Every year I loved them. This year, yawn. Shame on premonition for changing their entire style for Jill & Robby

What a shame that we feel the need to attack others based on what little information we know.

Premonition's production (and this is a fact) would have been the same regardless of NEi's influence. The details are irrelevant, but trust me... you would have not have been witnessing a "fun, in your face" production from Premonition this year.

The music(!!!!), colors, and feel would have all been identical (without the help of Jill and Robby), and we would all be congratulating Premonition on switching things up and taking a chance.

Also, I don't even understand where this "open class" guard idea plays in... Unless my calculations are incorrect, Premonition most recently earned their highest placement in World Class thus far. So... how are they now an open class guard? I find this comment offensive and degrading to these hard-working and dedicated performers.

lol you're a drummer dude;-) review your view next week? btw I got my WGI FN last Friday, excuse me while I ketchup 20 years of CG. Carry on folks :bigsmile: Black Watch had clarity and texture...

hey...I loved our guard's show! I wish I had been able to go and cheer them on!

I'm so lost as to why there is so much hate on Premonition this year.

How can you look at that show and say that there is no need for it to be in finals? That drill design was amazing, and it was clean. That choreography was beautiful! Sure it could have been harder, but the only crazy hard book out there is Corona! They ALWAYS have the hardest book. If you want someone to impress you, just watch them. And as far as changing their style, why is that such a bad thing? So many different colorguards do different kind of themes every single year, which forces them to change up their style. Yet, no one hates on them. Premonition adopts Jill and Robby from NEi onto their staff, and has a different type of "style" (which they would have done WITHOUT Jill and Robby) and everyone in the colorguard world blows up and hates on them. Why just that one team? Why not hate on Pride when they changed up their show styles a million times? Is it because they're Pride and have been out and loved for years? And Premonition has only been active for 4 years and has made finals TWICE out of the four years (and was #### close the other two years)? Is that a reason?

For the most part, I'm sensing a HELL of a lot of jealousy from members here on this forum that Premonition, the little nobody colorguard from south florida, made finals this year. The fact that NEi didn't come out this year after 10 years of excellence, and Jill and Robby went to Premonition seems to upset a ton of people.

Isn't one of the biggest things about learning how to teach, is to learn from other friends and instructors in colorguard? I'm SURE that it was a great learning experience for all of those involved with Premonitions program this year (students, staff, and volunteers).

Don't we all do this for the same reason? Because we love it?

Hating on a certain program seems to be a load of crap to me.

I'm also not sure as to how you can hate a program where you can physically SEE every single member in TEARS after their Finals performance. Not just one person with a close up giving you the scrunchy cry face. Every single member was in tears on that floor when they finished their run. That, to me, just SCREAMS with their passion and love for their program and activity. I didn't see all the members of Onyx crying at the end.

But hey, that's just me.

And I'd be backing up ANY colorguard that seems to get a bunch of hate.

I'm not just picking Premonition to side with.

If you all were hating Beatrix or someone, I'd back them up too. I just DON'T see the point in hating a colorguard. It's stupid.

But, to each their own.

BACK TO THE TOPIC.

I loved Ars Nova, SCV, Sac, Zydeco and First Flight this year. Alter Ego was fantastic as well!

And Carmel was my favorite in SW, hands down.

My hats off to the Pacificiers too. Two gold medals back to back??? GET IT!!

And yes, I do think that Ars Nova was cheated out of Finals this year. But maybe that's just because I really enjoyed the show.

hey...I loved our guard's show! I wish I had been able to go and cheer them on!

carnival is over, a sweet program:-) I'm Ok You're Ok! I'm in a mood, don't usually post this way, must be whimsical today. Thanks for replying Jeff Ream.

sincerely, lindap

I personally loved West Broward and I cannot wait for those girls to rock World Class... I also love how much they improve so quickly

Agreed. Those performers are continuing to prove that the program in place at West Broward High School is becoming one of the very best around.

Last year, there were a medalist in Scholastic A. This year, they were a medalist in Scholastic Open.

Next year...???

Well, let's just say that next year undoubtedly will be another great season for this rapidly up-and-coming guard.

:thumbup:

Agreed. Those performers are continuing to prove that the program in place at West Broward High School is becoming one of the very best around.

Last year, there were a medalist in Scholastic A. This year, they were a medalist in Scholastic Open.

Next year...???

Well, let's just say that next year undoubtedly will be another great season for this rapidly up-and-coming guard.

:thumbup:

How silly of me to forget!

West Broward!

They were great this year, and were great last year too! This kids got something going for them.

Can't wait to see what happens to them next year! :)

How can you look at that show and say that there is no need for it to be in finals? That drill design was amazing, and it was clean. That choreography was beautiful! Sure it could have been harder, but the only crazy hard book out there is Corona! They ALWAYS have the hardest book. If you want someone to impress you, just watch them. And as far as changing their style, why is that such a bad thing? So many different colorguards do different kind of themes every single year, which forces them to change up their style. Yet, no one hates on them. Premonition adopts Jill and Robby from NEi onto their staff, and has a different type of "style" (which they would have done WITHOUT Jill and Robby) and everyone in the colorguard world blows up and hates on them. Why just that one team? Why not hate on Pride when they changed up their show styles a million times? Is it because they're Pride and have been out and loved for years? And Premonition has only been active for 4 years and has made finals TWICE out of the four years (and was #### close the other two years)? Is that a reason?

For the most part, I'm sensing a HELL of a lot of jealousy from members here on this forum that Premonition, the little nobody colorguard from south florida, made finals this year. The fact that NEi didn't come out this year after 10 years of excellence, and Jill and Robby went to Premonition seems to upset a ton of people.

Isn't one of the biggest things about learning how to teach, is to learn from other friends and instructors in colorguard? I'm SURE that it was a great learning experience for all of those involved with Premonitions program this year (students, staff, and volunteers).

I'm also not sure as to how you can hate a program where you can physically SEE every single member in TEARS after their Finals performance. Not just one person with a close up giving you the scrunchy cry face. Every single member was in tears on that floor when they finished their run. That, to me, just SCREAMS with their passion and love for their program and activity. I didn't see all the members of Onyx crying at the end.

But hey, that's just me.

If you all were hating Beatrix or someone, I'd back them up too. I just DON'T see the point in hating a colorguard. It's stupid.

But, to each their own.

BACK TO THE TOPIC.

I loved Ars Nova, SCV, Sac, Zydeco and First Flight this year. Alter Ego was fantastic as well!

And yes, I do think that Ars Nova was cheated out of Finals this year. But maybe that's just because I really enjoyed the show.

Jill, Robby and Randy all worked with a great deal of passion to make Premonition successful this year. The local staff was very successful in taking the product and developing it through the course of the season. And yes....Premonition was going to use the soundtrack before the NEI staff came along. Facts are way more boring than fiction sometimes.

Favorite moments...

1) WGI heard our complaints last year and didn't produce another "Avon catalog" program book.

2) When Black Watch started pulling the sheer fabric across the entire floor in IW prelims and then the guard started poking their heads thru. Gave me goosebumps.

3) Watching the young men and women I sponsored this season performing on the floor. I'm so proud of them!

Edited by mikesterhb

I could not agree with you any more I believe premonition would have changed their style regardless of who was design the show . It annoys people that a world guard who has been in existence for only 4 years been able to place so high and managed to get some amazing designers to write the show for them. You can clearly tell that the performers gave it their all because of the way they reacted after their last run I personally got a little teary eyed watching them at finals you can tell that the spent all season working their behinds off ... I cannot wait to see premonition to keep on growing they have some amazing talent there and I can't wait to see what they bring to the floor next season.

But hey, that's just me.

But, to each their own.

BACK TO THE TOPIC.