BEST OF THE 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Let's get this thread back on track.

This discussion was started so we could call attention to the things that we LIKED and ENJOYED about the 2011 season.

Please find a more suitable thread for the 'I think so and so sucked' conversations. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

:smile:

For the record....Jill and Robby are the most removed instructors in the business when it comes to the WGI political world you refer to in your post. It has been very obvious this season, that a small group of people have been bashing Premonition on this forum. Often times it comes across as a backhanded bashing of NEI. I think the video of Premonition will speak volumes about their place in finals. Focus, Clarity and Intent are all criteria on the judges sheets. No where can I find the bashing and personal comments that I have seen on this forum. At any rate, congratulations to the members of Premonition.

NO NO NO.. NEI is my fav guard.. Favorite!!!!!!! I got angry every year they got screwed out of a medal. I just cant get over the fact that Premonition looks like an open version of NEI... look at the flagwork, the UNIFORMS!!!, the floor.. come one!!

I am sooo glad that you said that. I have been in the same circuit as Premonition for the past couple of years and I really wish people would take the time to see how the program has grown. Jill and Robby weren't going to come in and make Premonition the new NEI....come on people....thats a high expectation. I feel the growth of performance from last year was in leaps and bounds.

And on the note my favorites were:

Zydeco

Black Watch

Trumbull

Carmel

Orlando Visual

USF

Cypress Indep

South Shore

Alter Ego

Braddock

Mechanicsburg HS

Cypress Bay

No one wanted premonition to become the new NEI!! I was just expecting them to be more polished (which they were) b/c of the new staff, But I think they lost their identity in the process. I preferred Premonitions show last year!

Edited by thedova

BEST '80s SOUND BITE: Blessed Sacrament

Loved the clip of 'Mickey' that Blessed Sac used in their show on Saturday night.

They'd been changing the music for that feature at every performance and the audience always appreciated the element of surprise.

But that snippet of 'Mickey' - complete with a Toni Basil inspired pom pom routine - got the Finals crowd going even more than the other musical selections that they'd used previously.

Only one word (well, two) can describe Blessed Sac's musical choice: Totally awesome...!!!

:thumbup:

• Like 1

BEST '80s SOUND BITE: Blessed Sacrament

Loved the clip of 'Mickey' that Blessed Sac used in their show on Saturday night.

They'd been changing the music for that feature at every performance and the audience always appreciated the element of surprise.

But that snippet of 'Mickey' - complete with a Toni Basil inspired pom pom routine - got the Finals crowd going even more than the other musical selections that they'd used previously.

Only one word (well, two) can describe Blessed Sac's musical choice: Totally awesome...!!!

"LIKE"

I think you are 100% wrong. Premonition was fun, in your face and entertaining before this season. Now they are NEi Open and you know it. I personally like the old Premonition better. Every year I loved them. This year, yawn. Shame on premonition for changing their entire style for Jill & Robby

I think you are 100% wrong. Premonition was fun, in your face and entertaining before this season. Now they are NEi Open and you know it. I personally like the old Premonition better. Every year I loved them. This year, yawn. Shame on premonition for changing their entire style for Jill & Robby

Why don't you let the Premonition staff make their own creative decisions? Shame on YOU for making such comments with the comfort of anonymity.

• Like 1

My favorites in SW:

Norwin- great job for their first year in world. I got goosebumps during their finals run!

West Johnston- again great job for the first year in world! Loved the whole idea behind their show and the kids are talented!

Seminole- these girls can dance! Loved the floor, costumes, and the choreography their were given. I think they had one of the hardest flag features in SW!

Avon- I feel like this program was under appreciated. These kids had some cute twirls and gave it up each time I saw them in the arena!

Carmel- WHOA. I was left speechless each time I saw them. These girls have HANDS!

My favorites in IW:

Black Watch- loved the shear and the uniforms. Took the audience a while to appreciate it during finals but they were hooked by the end!

First Flight- this was a great show with well trained performers. That guy catching the rifle toss with the uniform malfunction was amazing!

Premonition- new and fresh style for this team and it worked well for them!

Alter Ego- had a great flag book! I found myself watching the flags more than the weapons on finals night

Zydeco- no comment. come on... they were GREAT! Clearly a fan favorite and a show that will be talked about for a long long time!

Corona- loved this show on fan network and loved it more in person! Anyone who can get through Michael Shapiro's choreography is a talented performer in my book!

Fantasia- Welcome back! Weapon tricks, great movement, and long rifle sequences. This is the fantasia I remember!

Braddock- Congrats on 3rd place! This is a new re-invented braddock and I love it!

SCV- What can I say about vanguard. They are clean and were really entertaining to watch in finals! Love the music, choreography, and full package of this show!

• Like 2

I personally loved West Broward and I cannot wait for those girls to rock World Class... I also love how much the improve so quickly