BEST OF THE 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Does anyone know the group that did a flat toss on sabre and then popped it up again (into another flat toss)?? I think they were in scholastic Open finals... I want to witness this again, so please let me know! : )

I'm pretty sure the group you're looking for is Oak Ridge. A friend of mine had been raving all season about that toss, and I hadn't seen it... when I saw it in finals I knew exactly why he'd been going on and on about it!

• Like 3

'Funest' show of Finals: Zydeco World

Like the rest of the UD Arena on Saturday night, I totally LOVED 'The Bad Guys.' Great show all the way around.

It was fun without being silly, packed with demanding work without being frantic and, above all else, it was just plain FUN...!!!

I was blown away by the attention to detail that was demonstrated in this production. Everything from the costuming to the sound bites of famous movie villains to the flashing police lights - it all worked together and made for one of the most enjoyable shows of the entire weekend.

And on the topic of costuming, I was a really big fan of the two women in the guard who wore the 'Wicked Witch of the West' outfits - complete with stripped leggings and miniature pointed witch hats. Very nicely conceived and executed.

Also loved the fake cigarettes that were dangling from the mouths of select 'bad guys' in the ensemble.

Even though winter guard season is over, you can probably see this show again on visitor's days at the Montgomery County Jail, 'cuz that's where all of 'The Bad Guys' ended up during the final moments of Zydeco's show.

Best WGI Take Over:

FLORIDA GUARDS!!!!

Compared to years past....this was a BIG year for Florida guards!!!!

Oh, my gosh - yes. I couldn't agree more. The 2011 season was a fantastic year for Florida guards.

Just look at all of the Florida ensembles that performed in their class Finals:

Independent World

3rd: Braddock Independent

11th: Premonition

Scholastic World

3rd: Flanagan

7th: Seminole

Independent Open

2nd: Orlando Visual

5th: USF

14th: Gainesville Independent

Scholastic Open

2nd: West Broward

3rd: Timber Creek

15th: Freedom

Scholastic A

6th: Cypress Bay

10th: Apopka

13th: Nease

For those of you keeping score at home, that's 13, yes, THIRTEEN finalists from Florida.

Apparently, something is going very RIGHT in The Sunshine State.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

And on a similar note as the previous post, the great state of Indiana qualified a whopping SIX guards into Scholastic World Finals.

1. Carmel

4. Avon

6. Northview

10. Warren Central

11. Center Grove

13. Lawrence Central

Now, THAT'S quite an impressive accomplishment. Way to go, Indiana...!!!

And on a similar note as the previous post, the great state of Indiana qualified a whopping SIX guards into Scholastic World Finals.

1. Carmel

4. Avon

6. Northview

10. Warren Central

11. Center Grove

13. Lawrence Central

Now, THAT'S quite an impressive accomplishment. Way to go, Indiana...!!!

Now with the lack of Independents and # of guards from that state ..that's very impressive :thumbup: