Who would you have put finals that didn't get in?

GuardMan123

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you have put finals that didn't get in???

• FeniX Independent
    • Fahrenheit
    • Rhapsody
    • O2
    • Black Gold
    • Paramount
    • Juxtaposition
    • Diamante
    • Ars Nova
    • Centerville HS
    • Miamisburg HS
    • Chino HS
    • Choctawhatchee HS
    • Rancho Bernardo HS

You know over the years guards have made it in that didn't deserve too, because of who their staff is. However the crowd just goes insane over certain programs, and I think they were not treated fairly. I think Juxtaposition and Fahrenheit should have been in and Onyx, Beatrix and Opus 10 should have been out.

Onyx you either loved em or hated em, I hated em. It was not colorguard or art. It was a kick in the face to all those guards who actually spun in their shows and entertained the crowd and were not in finals for that crap to be in there. This is Art, boring no one cares about The Flies and the fly squatter.

Opus 10 was weak, boring, and dirty. I didn't care for it!

Anyone else notice in Betrix' show that the girl playing Anne Frank, picked up a gun and played a Nazi then went back to playing Anne Frank?

I don't believe that is how the story happened for real.

yawn

wake up wgi

THANK YOU BRADDOCK FOR SHOWING WGI WHAT WORLD CLASS IS

You know over the years guards have made it in that didn't deserve too, because of who their staff is. However the crowd just goes insane over certain programs, and I think they were not treated fairly. I think Juxtaposition and Fahrenheit should have been in and Onyx, Beatrix and Opus 10 should have been out.

Onyx you either loved em or hated em, I hated em. It was not colorguard or art. It was a kick in the face to all those guards who actually spun in their shows and entertained the crowd and were not in finals for that crap to be in there. This is Art, boring no one cares about The Flies and the fly squatter.

Anyone else notice in Betrix' show that the girl playing Anne Frank, picked up a gun and played a Nazi then went back to playing Anne Frank?

yawn

wake up wgi

Congrats Braddock.....yeah iv heard from several people how weird it was with Ann Frank spinning....lol...oH well. Congrats to all guards in and out of finals.....Many entertained and brought it :thumbup:

WGI is over folks - stop complaining. The groups that made finals made finals because they were BETTER than the groups that didn't. Simple. Maybe you didn't like it, but the shows got in were clearly better designed (maybe not better performed) and were rewarded accordingly.

I also find it interesting that no one seems to complain about the groups in SA, IA, SO, or IO that didnt make finals.... what? those classes dont' matter?? BULL CRAP!!! The A and Open classes (IMO) matter more than the world classes. Without the A and Open groups we wouldn't have anyone coming up to the next level.

• Like 1

yawn

wake up wgi

WOW. Just plain WOW. Who are you to say that Opus 10 was "weak, boring, and dirty"?? Did you even watch it?? They moved better than most groups ever will; their rifle work was some of the most lyrical all weekend; their flag work was musical AND difficult to boot.

Regarding Onyx - I didn't like it either, but it was certainly NOT a "kick in the face". It was very demanding on the performers (like it or not, they were being asked to do an awful lot).

Regarding Beatrix - you're probably just mad they made finals because they beat a group you would have liked to see in finals instead, thus you tear them apart for their INTERPRETATION of their program. Historical accuracy is not on the judges sheets.

WGI did wake up this year- the scores were lower than "normal" as WGI finally stopped rewarding sloppy catches, dirty feet, and poor form control. They called the shots PERFECTLY this year. JOB WELL DONE WGI!!!

• Like 2

Saying Onyx, Opus 10 and Beatrix should not have been in finals is ridiculous. Onyx and Opus 10 may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but what both of them do, they do extremely well. As for Beatrix, you should've sat down low for their performance--those members put everything they had into their show, and played the part extremely well. They may have not had the best run at finals, but their prelims and semis performances were terrific. They totally belonged there.

• Like 1

Well to steer this in a POSITIVE direction... I loved Black Gold and would have loved to see them again! In A class I loved the group that did Dexter! I understand why they didn't make the cut but I expect great things from that program. And I was really pulling for Green Hope! They are so close every year!

Opus 10 was gorgeous! I think the shows for finals are placed exactly where they should be.

Everyone loves Zydego's show ... it was very entertaining but I think it's placed exactly where it should. Sac and Braddock were very close but Braddock had a more solid show!

Congrats to all the performers! This was a good year for IW. Every show was top quality!

WGI is over folks - stop complaining. The groups that made finals made finals because they were BETTER than the groups that didn't. Simple. Maybe you didn't like it, but the shows got in were clearly better designed (maybe not better performed) and were rewarded accordingly.

I also find it interesting that no one seems to complain about the groups in SA, IA, SO, or IO that didnt make finals.... what? those classes dont' matter?? BULL CRAP!!! The A and Open classes (IMO) matter more than the world classes. Without the A and Open groups we wouldn't have anyone coming up to the next level.

Oh there are plenty that got screwed over in those classes, but not many people are familiar with all of them so I guess that is why World is talked about more frequently!