Drum and Baton Corps

I was with my Corps(NIAGARA MILITAIRES ALUMNI DRUM CORPS) in a parade in Burlington Ontario(anyone remember the "BURLINGTON COMMANDERS??"

There was a BDC called the "CHAPPERELLES" from the US Ohio I think. 3 sn 1 tn 1 bs 2 kb I think.Man they marched FAST!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great arrangement of Copacabana!

Didn't Montage come down to REGIONAIRES in 81?

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly Chuck all the groups you mentioned no longer have a percusion element.Most go out with a van and a PA system now.I have not seen a drum and baton group in 3 years.The last ones we saw were the Legionettes in Port Vue and Butler Sparks.I bought the remnants of Renosonce and Rainbow Connection years ago.

Edited by jeff danchik

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly Chuck all the groups you mentioned no longer have a percusion element.Most go out with a van and a PA system now.I have not seen a drum and baton group in 3 years.The last ones we saw were the Legionettes in Port Vue and Butler Sparks.I bought the remnants of Renosonce and Rainbow Connection years ago.

When you consider the amount of folks doing drum and baton corps and drum and bugle corps; plus the fifes: Americans were marching in the 60s/70s/80s. I found a pic of my first drum line-Dan taught it. Gotta scan it and post.

Yep - Jim Stevenson and a lot of folks from Montage came on board in the last few weeks of the season. We wound up rewriting/relearning our whole show in the space of 2-3 weeks and still made it into finals.

Tom Garrett the Corps Director of Regionaires at that time is marching with Niagara Militaires and is ###'t Corps Director.Other Regionaires in Militaires include DON PRICE-GIL BLANCHARD-MIKE DEKKER-BILL THOMPSON-LLOYD HATT-ANDY FAKLA to name a few.

• 7 years later...