Historical Drum Corps Discussions Returns!

As part of the DCP forum redesign for this summer, we had decided to eliminate the Historical Perspectives forum, feeling that the General Discussions forum covered the same topics.

However, quite a number of users came forward with their support for a separate place where they could talk about and more easily find topics from years past.

Thus - the Historical Drum Corps Discussions forum has been added back! :) (See, user input *does* make a difference!)

We have decided to make the "cutoff" for this forum at 10 years, and that will change each year. So, if the subject is more than 10 years old (as of right now, prior to 1993) then it goes here!

Happy posting!

Mike New

We do seem to get a lot of crossover between the current and the past, however. I am still worried that this will occur and then I am back to reading multiple forums to catch up on discussions. I think you will have to make some tough calls about where a post belongs when people start posting "greatest corps of all time" polls, and "best version of such-and-such corps ever" discussions. My vote would be to keep all comparison-type discussions in the main forum, and make this forum strictly about history.

Hmmm.... I have to agree with Jim... this could become a bit difficult to manage.

Will the admins actively be moving topics from the main forum to this one, when deemed appropriate?

We will move topics here as necessary, and only topics specific to this forum (eg. 1988 Finals) will be moved here. "Best of all time" discussions and whatnot will still be in the general discussions forum.

Basically, just like it was before the forum redesign! :)

Mike

Wow I din't know you kept topics as old as ten years. :huh:

I like being able to talk Night Raiders, Comodores, Kingsmen and VK without getting a bunch of ???? posts.

Thanks

We will move topics here as necessary, and only topics specific to this forum (eg. 1988 Finals) will be moved here. "Best of all time" discussions and whatnot will still be in the general discussions forum.

Basically, just like it was before the forum redesign! :)

Mike

I suppose that makes sense :)

It's just hard for me to accept that the first year I marched is now considered "Historical" ;)

I feel the same way about my '68 Camaro being considered an antique automobile!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!