Bill Cook

Condolences to his Family and Friends, and may he Rest in Peace.

My thoughts and prayers to both Carl, his family and Gayle.

I also have had the pleasure of knowing Mr. Cook. My wife and I along with friends spent a drum corps weekend as his guest at his home along the Ohio River. The highlight, besides the show, was watching old drum corps tapes in his board room, wich was the second floor of a barn on the property.

I credit Mr. Cook with getting Sr. corps DCI exposure. I am sure he had something to do with Steel City's 1990 DCI Finals appearence. If you read the DCI forum on Mr. Cook, you will notice the countless mentions of his behind the scenes generosity. He helped out financially with many corps anonymously. He will be missed by the entire drum corps community.

I also credit Mr. Cook with creating a new venue for corps members to showcase their talents when he started "Blast". Many perfromers have furthered their careers by participating.

So sad.... may he rest in peace. My thoughts are with his family.

So glad he got to see Star get such an ovation in Indy last summer. :thumbup:

My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Cook's family.

I had the honor of meeting Mr. Cook while I was a member of Star in '87 and got to know him when I came back as a support staffer in '90. He genuinely cared about not only the members and staff of Star, but also about those of other corps as well.

We've all lost a great friend (both personally and as an activity)

deeply sadden to hear the news i'm happy i got to know bill, and his passion that was Star of Indiana

he touched many corps with advice and assistance when they needed a hand and is missed

Edited by blueorginal