Bill Cook

Michael,

Many of us didn't know and sadly missed this opportunity to celebrate Bob's life. Apparently it was a rather quick decision made by the family, but I've heard nothing but wonderful things about the heartfelt speeches and the performance by the Star U gang. I spoke to Joanie last week and while many of us wish we could have been there, clearly the ceremony was healing and helpful to the family, so I am very, very glad for that.

Best,

Karen

Karen:

When was it?

I suspect many didn't know since the alumni site has been down due to a hacker.

Karen:

When was it?

I suspect many didn't know since the alumni site has been down due to a hacker.

I believe Saturday the 9th. First I heard of it was when I started seeing videos of the corps on Facebook. Like you, I am terribly sad not to have been there. Joanie said it was absolutely lovely.

I believe Saturday the 9th. First I heard of it was when I started seeing videos of the corps on Facebook. Like you, I am terribly sad not to have been there. Joanie said it was absolutely lovely.

Okay. Thanks...I feel better because I was working for WGI that day in Dayton. Bob would have kicked my butt had I left my position to come to the event. While sorry I couldn't be there, at least I was able to see Allison when I got to Florida.

Article about Bill Cook's wake.

I was fortunate enough to be there and afterwards attend a Star of Indiana alumni get-together, along with Dan and Linda Acheson, reflecting on the life and contributions to drum corps of a man who is irreplaceable.