A little advice for tour?

On gold bond, yes bring it. Some may never need it, but its better safe than sorry. I needed it, and sometimes i didnt, but if you get the extra strength ultimate premium kind, put some of that down there in that neighborhood right befor a show... and..... wait for it.... HYPE!!!!!

• Like 3

Best advice is to talk to the vets in your section!! If you're new to drum corps or to the corps it's beneficial to talk to your vets not only because they know a lot, but because they are going to be your new best friends so you might as well start a relationship with them! TALK TO YOUR VETS!

• Like 2

They are right I wasn't sure on what to expect last summer for me so I had alot of help from the section leader/ age out bari she helped me out. And I just tryed my best I wasn't great but I worked harder every day to improve myself as best I could.

• Like 1

Of course, I don't know about your corps, but I've been with six corps and every one of them had a "Walmart Run" a day or two before the actual tour started for members to stock up on what they needed. While I'm not suggesting you wait until then to get everything you need, if you do forget a few things, your corps may very well do the Walmart thing just before the buses put on the first tour miles.

I would just like to recap what others have suggested already and add a thing or two:

*Socks, socks, socks, and more socks

*Small piece of carpet for your bus seat floor (you will find that little things count big on tour)

*Suction cup basket for bus window (you WILL use it)

*Multi-socket outlet for charging phone, etc. (Multi so others can used it as well)

*Mesh laundry bag

*Camera

*Some kind of sweater or warm pullover and sweat pants. Believe it or not, buses can get pretty **** cold at night

*A small keychain flashlight for avoiding stepping on people sleeping on the bus floor when you use the rest areas at 3:30am

*Plastic container for under your seat to put snacks in

*Sun screen

*Flip flops Many locker rooms are, well, frankly, DISGUSTING!! You WILL want flip flops

*Hat/cap

*Moist towelettes Few might suggest this, but I always felt refreshed when I could wipe the sweat off me as I got on the bus after show

GOLD BOND.

If your corps requires you to get a 1 gallon jug or bigger, get a two gallon jug.

Bring flip flops for after rehearsal.

snacks for the bus (power bars and gatorade)

At least two pairs of shoes (it will rain, maybe even several days in a row. You will want a wet and a dry pair you can keep switching out)

Way too many pairs of socks.

Don't pack too much. You need lots of socks and underwear, but not much else. You probably won't need more than 5 pairs of shorts. Wear them for like 4 or 5 days in a row, trust me, no one will judge you. For shirts go out and buy a couple of the 20 packs of the plain white cotton shirts. Wear a shirt for a day or two, then throw it away.

• Like 2

On gold bond, yes bring it. Some may never need it, but its better safe than sorry. I needed it, and sometimes i didnt, but if you get the extra strength ultimate premium kind, put some of that down there in that neighborhood right befor a show... and..... wait for it.... HYPE!!!!!

LOL!!!

socks

camera (you might even be able to sneak this on the field toward the end of the season during rehearsal to snap some pics)

flip flops for showers / after shows / on the bus

laundry bag

flashlight

box to go under your seat on the bus

2 pairs of shoes (I recommend new balance cross trainers)

possibly not mentioned yet: pillow case for the bus. Put the pillow case over the seat in front of you, and fold up the bottom. Then you have a pouch to store stuff.

please wear your sunscreen... you don't need to try to get the "drum corps tan" in the first week of spring training. You will have it by the end of tour, guaranteed. Being sunburned is not fun at all, especially if you play something that could go on a sunburned part of your body, like a contra or a drum harness.

I'm a rookie this year in a world class group, and I'm looking forward to going on tour this summer. I was wondering if any of you battle-hardened vets had any advice for on tour that might increase my chances of survival this summer? :thumbup:

Brush up on your Boo trivia for the bus "Jeopardy" games. I can't over-empasize this.

• Like 2