A little advice for tour?

Rehearsal Gear:

Rehearsal Clothes (6ish pairs of shorts, few shirts, 100 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of cross-trainers)

Rehearsal Bag

Hat

Sunblock (SPF30+)

DCT

Dot book/Pencils

Fanny Pack (for Dot book, DCT, anything you need on the rehearsal field)

Gold Bond

Water Jug (1 gal minimum)

Trash bag (for rain)

Bus Gear:

Wall Clings

Sweats/Blanket for long bus rides

Mat

Sheet for seat

Books/iPod/Cell phone

Floor Gear:

Sleeping Bag

Air Mattress

Pillow/Bedding

Flip Flops

Shower Things (Towel, Toothbrush, etc.)

Free Day/Laundry Day Clothes (1-2 outfits)

• 3 weeks later...

What is DCT?

What is DCT?

Click

It's called Daily Conditioning Treatment, but I always called it Drum Corps Treatment.

Click

It's called Daily Conditioning Treatment, but I always called it Drum Corps Treatment.

I also heard that dct had its formula changed and it shouldn't be used by brass performers. What ingredient in carmex set it apart from dct in making it not a good choice? I thought I heard it was menthol

Just my $.02, but I majorly cut down on underwear and shorts by rehearsing in bathing suits. They're perfect for when you get really sweaty, the underwear is built right in (less things to pack) and when you see some sprinklers on you're perfectly prepared to go running through them. And you really can wear them for a few days at a time without needing to get rid of them. Ya, you'll be a little smelly, but it's drum corps, so you'll be pretty smelly anyways.

Before you get on the bus, Do not eat whatever it is that makes you fart.

You will be figured out.

The longer it takes to figure out it's you, the worse it's gonna be

NO ONE LIKES THE PERSON WHO FARTS ALL NIGHT LONG

I'm a rookie this year in a world class group, and I'm looking forward to going on tour this summer. I was wondering if any of you battle-hardened vets had any advice for on tour that might increase my chances of survival this summer? :thumbup:

If beans and chili were on the Corps menu, if you can, avoid sitting in the back of the Corps bus for 24-48 hours.

Good luck this summer. Despite my tongue in cheek wisecrack, you'll have fond memories that'll last you a lifetime.

Edited by BRASSO

I also heard that dct had its formula changed and it shouldn't be used by brass performers. What ingredient in carmex set it apart from dct in making it not a good choice? I thought I heard it was menthol

Edit: DCT only has sunscreen and petrolatum in it. Lip Medex has menthol though. We were always told not to use Lip Medex during the day, I don't know if it's because of the camphor, menthol, whatever. I did notice though that whenever I would use it, my range would be shot the next day. Don't know why.

Edited by BroncoTrooper