Cadets2

I'm calling it...Amps and Electronics coming to DCA in 2013.

Hallelujah.

Call it all you want but i'd be willing to bet that there will not be electronics in DCA any time soon,..........good idea, add another cost to already struggling corps, then what, DCA in a DOME?

• Like 1

Double post :sleeping:

Edited by nngs9

I haven't read all the posts on this thread, so my thoughts may already have been commented upon, but....

It seems to me I heard of something like this happening many years ago, when I was just an infant. Somebody said, "If you'll just allow me an Anschluss with Austria, I won't ask for anything more." Then a little while later that same person said, "If you'll just give me the Sudetenland, then I won't ask for anything more." And then, a short time later, that same person said, "If you'll just allow me the rest of Czechoslovakia, then I won't ask for anything more."

So today, seventy years later, someone says, "If you'll only let me get my foot in the DCA door...."

• Like 1

I haven't read all the posts on this thread, so my thoughts may already have been commented upon, but....

It seems to me I heard of something like this happening many years ago, when I was just an infant. Somebody said, "If you'll just allow me an Anschluss with Austria, I won't ask for anything more." Then a little while later that same person said, "If you'll just give me the Sudetenland, then I won't ask for anything more." And then, a short time later, that same person said, "If you'll just allow me the rest of Czechoslovakia, then I won't ask for anything more."

So today, seventy years later, someone says, "If you'll only let me get my foot in the DCA door...."

Just wanted to tell you how much I loved performing in the Beverly, MA show. Such a good drum corps crowd. It was also the crowd that kinda booed Cadets 2005... made my season. lol

Edited by MelloHorn13

I see it the complete opposite. If they don't put a cap on it,recent ageout will continue to march... and then DCA will really be in trouble.

There is nothing to stop "recent ageouts" from marching right now, in any corps in DCA...the simple fact is that the "recent ageouts" from Cadets (and most other DCI WC Finalist corps, for that matter)are most likely NOT from the local area where the Cadets are based. I don't think you're going to see a recent ageout from Texas flying back to Allentown every weekend to compete with C2. It seems more like "recent ageouts" realize it's time to get a job and settle down, and life tends to get in the way of the rehearsal time needed to maintain the WC finalist performance level.

As has been mentioned earlier, if this were any other organization other than the Cadets, I would be looking forward to it...but, considering Hoppy and his attempts to morph DCI into his vision of what drum corps should be ("super band"), IMO he is just trying to eliminate what we now know as drum corps and it will be confined to alumni corps, and will eventually die off as those participants continually dwindle. Does anyone remember the last DCA corps that was under the YEA umbrella? Try the Sunrisers (back when YEA was also trying to run Crown and Boston in addition to Cadets and Crossmen)...that relationship lasted about a year, and they have struggled to make it back onto the field ever since-they have been back a couple of times, only to try rebuilding yet again. What has changed that makes this better this time around? I would rather not see DCA go the way of voice, amps and synths, etc. and even though Hoppy may not be driving the car, there's no doubt whomever is will be working for him.

• Like 2

WOW!!

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!

It's been a while (ever?) since I have seen a DCP thread get Godwin'd.

I think this is fantastic news and wish the best to C2! I just hope it doesn't hurt Surf or Bucs. The only concern I have is the age limit issue. I feel this organization should remain open to all ages, being in the tradition of DCA. Moving their age restriction a single year past the DCI age out rule, does nothing for potential members in their mid to late 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's 60's 70's 80's etc.

In 2026, come heck or high water, I plan on taking myself off the market for the year and march my 50th year. If the Cadets have a DCA all age competitive corps at that time, this certainly would be an attractive possibility.

Edited by Kyle B