Cadets2

Page 12. You replied to brasso attacking charlie1223 as if he attacked you.

I replied to this comment Brasso made to Charlie...

"We don't bring ourselves much credibility or glory when we just make up things on here, charlie1223."

I pointed out that Brasso did just that same thing to me...he made up a quote I never said and then commented on that quote. How can he then have an issue about Charlie???

I pointed out that Brasso did just that same thing to me...he made up a quote I never said and then commented on that quote. How can he then have an issue about Charlie???

As your post was your first in this thread, I didn't make the connection that you were talking about posts in another thread. I presume this is where he made up a quote allegedly from you?

I've just re-read the posts and it still reads (to me) that your defending charlie1223 as if it is yourself.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding your post, I guess i must still be in shock at agreeing with you both about your views in this thread. It's not often I have the same point of view as you two!!

Good luck with this venture to all at The cadets!

As your post was your first in this thread, I didn't make the connection that you were talking about posts in another thread. I presume this is where he made up a quote allegedly from you?

I've just re-read the posts and it still reads (to me) that your defending charlie1223 as if it is yourself.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding your post, I guess i must still be in shock at agreeing with you both about your views in this thread. It's not often I have the same point of view as you two!!

Good luck with this venture to all at The cadets!

Did you also read over the post/response where I did not defend myself and told Brasso that I retracted my statement? (The statement that caused Brasso to react in the first place) My response to Brasso's post was different than MikeD's.

Edited by charlie1223

I understand the debates about the fiscal and age issues that the Cadets2 announcement has made, but I'm super excited for the Cadets2 on a more personal level.

I just turned 18 this year and I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, which is a pretty rural place that is at least a few hours away from dci action. Next fall I'm going to a college that is an hour away, which is still at least 2.5 hours from the closest drum corps - the Cadets. (Raiders and Surf are ~3.5 hours according to GMaps.) I really want to march next year, but thanks to college work, fees, and gas money, I probably wouldn't have been able to.

I got so freaking excited when I heard the Cadets2 would be a weekend-only corps with a low cost for marchers!! This is the perfect opportunity for me. I read nearly all of the posts on here (ok, I might've skimmed a couple), and now I feel like I have to contribute. Yes, living 4 hours away from the Raiders has stopped me previously from joining up, but half the travel time to the Cadets2 would be totally manageable. I would love any opportunity that I can get to march. I hope the Cadets2 pans out so that next year I can sign up!! thumbup.gif

• Like 4

That is one part of it that I don't really get.

Mini-corps, I fully get... stand still groups sound kind of fun... alumni corps seem like something cool to do every 10 years or so... but I seriously can't connect with the idea of adult competitive corps.

OK, to each his or her own.

One note, you might be confusing alumni corps with tribute corps. “Alumni” is the name most often associated with (generally) non-competitive parade, concert, and exhibition corps. Most often the corps use the name of the competitive corps many of the members marched in, but the alumni corps is almost always a separate organization.

“Tribute” corps are those corps organized basically for one performance, usually at DCI championships.

Performing in an alumni corps “every ten years or so” is somewhat off. Most alumni performers are in for the long haul.

• Like 1

I understand the debates about the fiscal and age issues that the Cadets2 announcement has made, but I'm super excited for the Cadets2 on a more personal level.

I just turned 18 this year and I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, which is a pretty rural place that is at least a few hours away from dci action. Next fall I'm going to a college that is an hour away, which is still at least 2.5 hours from the closest drum corps - the Cadets. (Raiders and Surf are ~3.5 hours according to GMaps.) I really want to march next year, but thanks to college work, fees, and gas money, I probably wouldn't have been able to.

I got so freaking excited when I heard the Cadets2 would be a weekend-only corps with a low cost for marchers!! This is the perfect opportunity for me. I read nearly all of the posts on here (ok, I might've skimmed a couple), and now I feel like I have to contribute. Yes, living 4 hours away from the Raiders has stopped me previously from joining up, but half the travel time to the Cadets2 would be totally manageable. I would love any opportunity that I can get to march. I hope the Cadets2 pans out so that next year I can sign up!! thumbup.gif

You could sign up with Reading today. The drive to Reading from Easton (random Eastern Shore town) is actually ten minutes shorter than the drive to Allentown.

"Drum corps" is not only DCI. It's DCA, alumni corps, mini-corps, and some other odds and ends. If you want to march, you could get started this weekend, all within the three hour drive from your home.

• Like 1

good luck to you I'm sure it will be a unique experience for you

You're a perfect example of the kind of folks YEA is thinking about in creating Cadets2. Not a person currently in a DCA corps who is between the ages of 16 - 22....but someone who hadn't considered marching DCA before Cadets2.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you have an amazing experience!!