Bushwackers Announce Retirement of Director Jay Morlot

Appreciate all that you've done for us Jay! You were one of a kind and I'm glad to have known you for so long! Thank you so much for everything!

Enjoy your retirement! You've earned it!

A great director gone...WDHOF next?

Donny

6 world championships with a relatively new corps?

He's got my vote... I think the only question is why isn't he there already.

Good luck Jay... Having walked away from a major directorship once upon a time, I can tell you that there will be times when you miss it, but there will be a lot more times when you will look at your family and ask "why did I wait so long?"

Jaybo -

I was saddened to hear that Bush won't have you at the helm anymore. You pretty much single-handedly brought Bushwackers back from the brink in 1986 and helped create a legendary drum corps story that I am honored to have been a part of. I certainly have some appreciation of the incredible headaches and heartache (and expense) you have endured to keep the Bushwackers not only alive, but competitive and innovative for all these years. I only hope there isn't some health issue that has prompted this decision.

Best of luck in this new phase of your life!

Gene Boyle

• Like 1

6 world championships with a relatively new corps?

He's got my vote... I think the only question is why isn't he there already.

Good luck Jay... Having walked away from a major directorship once upon a time, I can tell you that there will be times when you miss it, but there will be a lot more times when you will look at your family and ask "why did I wait so long?"

I wouldnt have mentioned if I didnt think he belonged either Tom...and I actually went to the website to make sure that he wasnt in there already. I totally concur with your question about why he isnt there as well. Many may not believe this but I have always been a pretty big Jaybo fan...dodnt like to lose to those guys though LOL.

Donny

I wouldnt have mentioned if I didnt think he belonged either Tom...and I actually went to the website to make sure that he wasnt in there already. I totally concur with your question about why he isnt there as well. Many may not believe this but I have always been a pretty big Jaybo fan...dodnt like to lose to those guys though LOL.

Donny

I dont believe you Donny!

Ive recieved so many wonderful emails and messages from so many people these past few days, I didnt think I had so many friends left in this activity!!

This was quite an easy decision for me once my 9 year old son said to me "maybe some summer you can stay home and be with me instaed of the drum corps", That was a month ago and I struggled with the decision until a few GREAT people came up with a plan that would allow me to step away while they move the corps into the future.

I finally realized it was time.

I had a great run and I have no regrets, Only tremendous memories. (plus 6 DCA championship patches on my jacket).

The corps is in good hands now.

Thank you all for the kind words.

Go BUSH!!!

Jaybo

The Hall of Fame is calling Jay! Congrats on an amazing run!! Thank you for all you've done for the Bushwackers and for DCA. It was an honor to be a small part of it.

A great director gone...WDHOF next?

Donny

absolutely

I was there for many of your Championships if not all. But Bush's greatest performance came in Scranton at a regional show. There was a schuffle to start the show. I didn't see it but Ms Kunnsel said "Dick Go DO Someting." I went out on the field and barked at your drumline, which seemed to be in a frenzi. Found out later it wasn't their fault, but my barking must have done something. WOW WoW what a job that night.

You've had a great run job. Bringing your Corps back to be a regular finalist was no small thing. Good luck, looking to shake your hand this summer.

I was there for many of your Championships if not all. But Bush's greatest performance came in Scranton at a regional show. There was a schuffle to start the show. I didn't see it but Ms Kunnsel said "Dick Go DO Someting." I went out on the field and barked at your drumline, which seemed to be in a frenzi. Found out later it wasn't their fault, but my barking must have done something. WOW WoW what a job that night.

You've had a great run job. Bringing your Corps back to be a regular finalist was no small thing. Good luck, looking to shake your hand this summer.

That night the corps was untouchable, A big thank you to the Skyliners for that earth shattering performance of the 1988 Bushwackers!!