Paradigm 2012!

Four seasons ago, it was announced that Paradigm would not return to the floor. While that decision was the right one for the time, events have unfolded to cause a re-evaluation of that decision.

During this time away, a core group of staff and alumni have searched, without success, for the "something special" that we found at Paradigm. A dedication to and emphasis on training. A focus on family. Unique and distinct programming allowing performers to experience a wide range of artistic and stylistic choices.

With that, the decision was made to return Paradigm to its place in the Winter Guard world. With plans to base out of Ocala, Paradigm will now be centrally located to performers, less than 60-90 minutes from Gainesville, Orlando, or Tampa.

Watch for more exciting announcements as we progress towards the return of .......PARADIGM!

Visit our site at www.winterguard.com

• Like 2

Four seasons ago, it was announced that Paradigm would not return to the floor. While that decision was the right one for the time, events have unfolded to cause a re-evaluation of that decision.

During this time away, a core group of staff and alumni have searched, without success, for the "something special" that we found at Paradigm. A dedication to and emphasis on training. A focus on family. Unique and distinct programming allowing performers to experience a wide range of artistic and stylistic choices.

With that, the decision was made to return Paradigm to its place in the Winter Guard world. With plans to base out of Ocala, Paradigm will now be centrally located to performers, less than 60-90 minutes from Gainesville, Orlando, or Tampa.

Watch for more exciting announcements as we progress towards the return of .......PARADIGM!

Visit our site at www.winterguard.com

its so good to see any independent guard try to make the floor again. So hard to do these days and I have always enjoyed Paradigm and although I wish you all the best your 2nd paragraph seems a tad , well strange way to put it...sorry... thanking people while in search of "that something special" would just seem more gracious.

Sorry, just made me stop and re-read...anyway good luck to you in your endevor. :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING

absolutely great news Joe.....wishing you and the organization much success....see you in Wildwood

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else as excited about this news as I am? I can't wait to see what they do this season! good luck Paradigm and welcome back!

Yeah if it was like 05 :thumbup:

You know Guardling, you bring up a good point.

So when a group comes back that has history, what do we consider a successful return season? Is it the fact that they returned or do they have to move beyond what they did the last time they were out or popular? Just wondering what the thoughts are.

Edited by mplu55

You know Guardling, you bring up a good point.

So when a group comes back that has history, what do we consider a successful return season? Is it the fact that they returned or do they have to move beyond what they did the last time they were out or popular? Just wondering what the thoughts are.

well maybe depends who you are. I know that sounds crazy BUT like Pride coming back I'm sure everyone will expect the highest level. I think any independent guard who can either come back or survie in these days is an accomplishment on its own. I think In Paradigms case I remember the 05 show as being good but the few years after that were far from history making or popular.

I think there will be less expectation ( which may be a good thing ) then there will be for Say Pride of lets say if Northern Lights came back. Either way good Luck Paradigm

That's an interesting question. I think the fact that any guard continues or makes it back to the floor is a success considering the costs, etc. of doing so.

However, I do think that there is some thought of "well, I hope they're as good as they were" does come into play.

I know that when FOV announced a comeback a few years ago, I was excited just to see the name again, and now they are proving to be successful with a new identity, but still showing a strong program that has the ability to get stronger and be successful in the future.