Bold Predictions!

How about JUST predictions. I think predictions in and of themselves are "bold".

1. Carolina Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Cavaliers

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Cadets

7. Madison Scouts

8. Blue Stars

9. Phantom Regiment

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Crossmen

12. Academy

-----------

out of finals - Blue Knights, and Glassmen

There is some "boldness" in that. :smile:

• Like 3

It sure would breathe new life into the activity to see SCV beat BD again. SCV hasn't beaten BD since June 20th, 2007 ( 58 head to head match ups ago ) and not since 1999 at DCI Finals ( over a decade ago ) by tieing BD at Finals. It would not be something the current BD organization would want, but BD has rebounded well before when SCV has been able to beat them every decade or so. And unless DCP'ers are connected somehow with BD here, most DCP'ers here I'd imagine like to see the underdog come along and win, and so I think many here would like to see SCV finish ahead of BD at some point in the near future, imo. SCV has brought in new staff ( especially percussion ) so lets see if its in the cards for them this year.

Although I agree with your sentiment that it would be nice to see SCV rise again logic tells us that ongoing staff changes can sometimes make for inconsistant results... It is ALWAYS best to keep what and who you have and improve together! :thumbup:

The corps that is first to beat BD this year and end their streak will not be the corps that wins on finals.

I believe this to be quite probable.

Well...you're making the (unlikely) assumption that said drumline woes would not impact the rest of the captions. IF a drumline tanks it's gonna take a lot more than their own caption down with them.

As for the original prediction -- well it's bold :-)

agreed. in 08 the percussion caption scores also rubbed off on GE music and ensemble music

This is probably one of the orders id like to see the most.

How about JUST predictions. I think predictions in and of themselves are "bold".

1. Carolina Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Cavaliers

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Cadets

7. Madison Scouts

8. Blue Stars

9. Phantom Regiment

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Crossmen

12. Academy

-----------

Pretty much not possible with the current scoring system. Look at it this way: Blue Devils won in 2010 with the 4th place drumline and were barely 2nd in 2008 with the 5th place drumline. In fact, if you switch 2010 percussion scores between the Blue Devils and the Glassmen so that the Blue Devils scored 17.1 with a 12th place drumline, they would STILL have won the 2010 DCI Title with a total score of 97.90

I remember reading somewhere that the TOC shows will have a new judging system including txt voting. I can definitely see BD losing to that system.

• Like 1

1. Carolina Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Cavaliers

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Cadets

7. Madison Scouts

8. Blue Stars

9. Phantom Regiment

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Crossmen

12. Academy

-----------

Talk about bold. With the staff, design team, music, show, and returning vets (twice as many as 2010) they have, I have a REALLY hard time seeing BK falling out of finals. They're willing to work and are out for blood. In fact, based on what I've heard this early out of the gate and all they hype surrounding it, 2011's "An English Folk Song Suite" may very well be the best thing to ever come out of the mile-high city. ;)

Talk about bold. With the staff, design team, music, show, and returning vets (twice as many as 2010) they have, I have a REALLY hard time seeing BK falling out of finals. They're willing to work and are out for blood. In fact, based on what I've heard this early out of the gate and all they hype surrounding it, 2011's "An English Folk Song Suite" may very well be the best thing to ever come out of the mile-high city. ;)

I don't think you have much to worry about... :smile:

CONSISTENCY IS KEY!

My prediction:

Four "blue" corps in the top 9.

Three "blue" corps in the top 7.

Two "blue" corps in the top 3.

One "blue" corps in the top spot.

I kinda wonder where you have gone...? I dont see you post much lately, thats to bad. I enjoy your posts.

• 1 month later...

Well...you're making the (unlikely) assumption that said drumline woes would not impact the rest of the captions. IF a drumline tanks it's gonna take a lot more than their own caption down with them.

As for the original prediction -- well it's bold :-)

Nah, a " bold " prediction would be this :

1) Boston Crusaders

2) Madison Scouts

3) Blue Knights

4) Glassmen

5) Blue Devils

6) Cavaliers

7) Bluecoats

8) Carolina Crown

9) Cadets

10)Phantom Regiment

11) Santa Clara Vanguard

12) Blue Stars

Just take Corps finishers 9-12 from last year and put them in front of the finishers in the G-8.

I know, it's more " delusional " than " bold ".

But it sure would shake up staffs in the off season, bring new fans to the activity, and open up this activity wide to an .. "on any given Sunday" mentality instead of the same ol, same ol.

Than again, we could just have one of The Cadevaliers win it again. But in my opinion, thats about as " bold " as deciding to order your cheeseburger with new toppings for some needed " change ". Not me. I'm ready for a new 12 course meal. ( Guess, I'll have to wait, huh ? )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1