Which show in 2010 was the most underrated?

I also agree with alot of the posters who have mentioned Boston. I thought that show was great as well. I think they had my favorite opening buildup of any corps last year. And I could have seen them beating either Boston or Phantom during finals week last year as well.

I was just rewatching alot of the shows today, and can't get over how fantastic the Pacific Crest show was. I don't remember hearing much buzz sbout it, and have always wondered why. I really thought they should have beaten Troopers and Crossmen. That was a fantastic show, great music, difficult music, and very well performed. I know some people are down on them because they don't always tour as much as other corps, but I have to say they should have placed at least 2-3 places higher than they did. I remember a couple of years ago at the Bloomington Normal show they were there early season, and I really thought they had even outperformed the Colts that evening. I am really enjoying what I am seeing from this corps, and can't wait to see them again this year.

So who do you think was underrated this last season?

Of the Top-12, I think Blue Stars were underrated.

As of right now I'd say Blue Knights.

Several Come to mind (either under-rated or under-appreciated)

Pacific Crest - I agree with some others here. I thought they were musically solid, entertaining, and visually improved

Academy - Really enjoyable music program, but guard really held back

Blue Stars - So powerful. Very good show

Phantom Regiment - A variety of opions here (not surprising) - count me in the under-rated/under-appreciated camp. That show was phenomenal musically & emotionally, and visually, the guard, for one, was far cleaner by finals than they got credit for.

Bluecoats - I think this show was so complete & well balanced - I still think they should have been second, and far closer to BD.

Harvey

• Like 1

Blue Stars. Was in my top 3 favorite shows of 2011. The drum break before the ballad was unbelievable!

• Like 1

I was just rewatching alot of the shows today, and can't get over how fantastic the Pacific Crest show was. I don't remember hearing much buzz sbout it, and have always wondered why. I really thought they should have beaten Troopers and Crossmen. That was a fantastic show, great music, difficult music, and very well performed. I know some people are down on them because they don't always tour as much as other corps, but I have to say they should have placed at least 2-3 places higher than they did. I remember a couple of years ago at the Bloomington Normal show they were there early season, and I really thought they had even outperformed the Colts that evening. I am really enjoying what I am seeing from this corps, and can't wait to see them again this year.

So who do you think was underrated this last season?

So happy to see you throwing out some appreciation for Pacific Crest '10. I felt the same every time I saw them perform last summer...... and I give props to their Asphalt Cocktail!

I would also like to add a :worthy: for Academy. The first time I saw them, I thought "wow"....