You marched _______, but fantasised about marching ______

Marched 82,83, 84, 85, 86 in the Madison Scouts org. was this close to going and trying out for SCV ( the only corps I would have left Madison for) didnt go, finished 87, 88, 89 in my home town Corps, the rest is history. Man I would of loved marching that 87 SCV show, but I am glad I didnt.

I marched in a local-circuit junior corps back in the day.... then with a DCA corps (Sunrisers).

My goal before joining Sun was to march with the Garfield Cadets for the 1977 season, but it didn't pan out.(Something about my parents telling me I needed to work that summer instead of going on tour....LOL.)

So I joined Sun. Making DCI Finals with Cadets in '77 would have been great... but winning a DCA title with Sunrisers that summer helped me get over that pretty quickly. :smile:

I was a French horn player in drum corps... and I always thought it would be cool to march with the Blue Devils in that French horn line back then. :thumbup:

Troopers Drum Major!

Bad ### position, for sure!

I marched Southwind.

I always wanted to march Blue Devils and Santa Clara Vanguard.

Another curse of living in the midwest.

I think every brass player has to fantasize about marching lead sop at BD... maybe just a little bit, but the appeal is always there.

Then again the same appeal applies is there for marching contra at PR Bluecoats . ;)

:tongue:

• Like 1

I wish I could've marched SCV - the visual style was more suited to my preferences.

I wish I could've marched Madison Scouts - the tradition is very appealing to me.

I wish I could've learned and marched snare - I love the sound and play a bit on my own.

I wish I could've marched guard - just for a different take on spinning things.

But I'm glad I marched what I marched where I marched when I marched. Wouldn't trade it!

I marched 1997 Surf 2nd Sop, 1998 Crossmen 2nd Sop, 99-2000 Cadets Sop/Trumpet but have always fantasized about marching:

1998 SCV Sop

1998 Cadets Mellophone

2000 Cadets Snare

2000 Cadets 1st Bass drum

2006 Cavies Trumpet

2007 Cadets Trumpet

2008 Cadets Bass Drum

2009 Cadets Trumpet

Oh yeah, 1997 Cadets Mello, 1996 Cadets Mello and 1995 Cadets Mello. :tongue:

• Like 1