Membership Openings

MelloHorn13 beat me to the punch on the OC side of things (see here), but I think we should keep a running thread of corps openings so those looking for a spot can find that opportunity they're looking for to have a great summer.

Keep in mind that some corps don't advertise openings, so if you're looking for a spot it's always a good idea to send an email. The worst that could happen is their saying 'no openings, thanks for your interest'

So, here are the ones I'm aware of:

(this is all accurate, as far as i can tell, at least at the dates I cite, but I can't guarantee anything.)

Academy

A 'few' guard spots, at least before the last camp - 29 April

Boston Crusaders

The Boston Crusaders are looking for 1 lead Mello, 1 Tuba and 2 Baritones. - 12 May

Bluecoats

They were looking for an assistant conductor as of a few days ago, but I'm not sure if that's been filled. - 5 May

Carolina Crown

No member spots, as far as I can tell, but they do need a medical trainer. "Therefore, Crown is looking for the right person, preferably a licensed / registered Athletic Trainer, or possible an upper level student looking for an internship"

Cascades

The Cascades have baritone and guard openings (not sure how many of each).

Colts

The Colts Drum and Bugle Corps have immediate openings in the 2011 brass line for 1 high brass, 1 baritone and 1 tuba. - 26 April

Crossmen

Two color guard spots as well as two alternate spots are still available. - 11 May

Glassmen

Pretty sure they're looking for a few low brass, particularly euphs. - 11 May

Jersey Surf

Jersey Surf has brass openings.

Pacific Crest

"If you're a brass performer interested in marching this summer, email us right away. Don't delay. The summer's coming!" - 11 May

Pioneer

"We're still looking for 3 front ensemble musicians, several ladies for the color guard and up to 10 brass players." - 2 May

Santa Clara Vanguard

Looking for a trumpet player and a horn player for a mello spot. - 11 May

Spirit of Atlanta

Facebook page indicates brass openings. Email for confirmation.

Teal Sound

UPDATED:

1-2nd Trumpet; 1-3rd Baritone; 1-Euph; 2 Vibes; 1 Lead Dancer/Storyteller; 4 Flags. - 11 May

Also in need of a truck driver.

I'll update this as info becomes available, although I can't guarantee I'm going to check up with regularity. Remember, if your dream corps isn't listed, it doesn't necessarily mean they're full up, it just means that I couldn't track anything solid down about them.

Also, those privy to the grapevine, please post what you've got when you hear new stuff.

Have a great summer!

Edited by hornandsoccer
  • Like 3

These kinds of things always get me thinking ( a very dangerous thing at times)

My initial thoughts, impressed that Colts are 3 members from their desired hornline numbers, and curious as to why SCV has open member spots this late. Who knows, it's probably all meaningless. Keep calm and carry on. :satisfied:

These kinds of things always get me thinking ( a very dangerous thing at times)

My initial thoughts, impressed that Colts are 3 members from their desired hornline numbers, and curious as to why SCV has open member spots this late. Who knows, it's probably all meaningless. Keep calm and carry on. :satisfied:

There always seem to be openings this late due to people getting cold feet. Also there are those who have legitimate reasons that have to do with family, school or job/internship opportunities. It's different with every scenario, but it's not impossible to fill their spots. I never get too worried about it.

A little side note, Phantom had huge issues keeping tuba players throughout move-ins and still ended up having a great season with a fairly decent section. No small feat!

• Like 1

Jersey Surf has brass openings.

INT this week stated they need an Assistant Chef ( preferably with a boat and fishing license )

It is not uncommon to have a spot or two open up at this time of the year for many reasons, including financial, time, school, etc.

Edited by my58vw

Teal Sound has openings for the following:

1-2nd Trumpet; 1-3rd Baritone; 1-Euph; 2 Vibes; 1 Lead Dancer/Storyteller; 4 Flags.

If interested please contact info@tealsound.org or lainey@tealsound.org to see how you can be a part of the 2011 edition of Teal Sound!!

Crown - Metronome Technician - "Crown is looking for a college aged student that can come to spring training and go on tour with us for the whole summer as our metronome technician. Cost? $0.00 But you really need to know how to run a DB-90 or be an aweful quick learner. Tough job, but you tour and hang with Crown all summer."

• Like 1