Metronome Technician?

Heck, back in the day, we didn't need no stinkin' Dr. Beat and Long Ranger. A drum stick and a gock block seemed to work just fine and dandy, operated by one of the m&m instructors (remember them? we didn't have "techs," we had "instructors"). Oh, and for you young'uns, m&m=visual.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Edited by oldsoprano

From Carolina Crown's Facebook:

"Crown is looking for a college aged student that can come to spring training and go on tour with us for the whole summer as our metronome technician. Cost? $0.00 But you really need to know how to run a DB-90 or be an aweful quick learner. Tough job, but you tour and hang with Crown all summer."

:huh: lol?

Kind of funny, but just as the world needs ditch-diggers, the drum corps world needs "metronome technicians." Why pay for a rookie staffer to do it, or an alternate member, when you can find a willing kid who'll do it? There's no glory in the position, but it's a way for someone to be exposed to a quality drum corps that might not otherwise get that chance this summer, I guess.

Kind of funny, but just as the world needs ditch-diggers, the drum corps world needs "metronome technicians." Why pay for a rookie staffer to do it, or an alternate member, when you can find a willing kid who'll do it? There's no glory in the position, but it's a way for someone to be exposed to a quality drum corps that might not otherwise get that chance this summer, I guess.

Disclaimers:

• I know I’m a bad person, but I just can’t hold it back.
  • Please be aware that my remarks are not directed to any past, active, or prospective metronome technicians.

I agree, ditch diggers perform a tough, dirty, but valuable service to humanity.

Heck, back in the day, we didn't need no stinkin' Dr. Beat and Long Ranger. A drum stick and a gock block seemed to work just fine and dandy, operated by one of the m&m instructors (remember them? we didn't have "techs," we had "instructors"). Oh, and for you young'uns, m&m=visual.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

I remember that, and I also remember (depending on the instructor) the tempo being about as consistent as the weather.

• Like 1

I meant they get "mad props" because the job is so sucky and it's awesome if they do it the entire summer, not because he/she is a professional quality met b!tch (which they might be).

gotcha, and I agree :)

I'll give you a green thing to make up for misunderstanding :satisfied:

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2