Metronome Technician?

What would the training regimen be for becoming a metronome technician? Are there any master metronome technicians for hopefuls to look up to or seek advice from?

You have to run up steep hills carrying 2 weighted long rangers.

Instead of disassembling a rifle you have to disassemble and store away a met/long ranger set-up.

Maybe they have a standard for how fast your battery change time should be?

• Like 1

You have to run up steep hills carrying 2 weighted long rangers.

Instead of disassembling a rifle you have to disassemble and store away a met/long ranger set-up.

Maybe they have a standard for how fast your battery change time should be?

1) Daily noise acclimation excercise: Using headphones, turn Dr. Beat on to 145 bpm with all subdivisions turned on. Listen on high volume for 3 hours or until the brink of insanity.

2) Daily Manual Dexterity Excercise #1: 45 minutes of thumb wars against a Master Metronome Technician

3) Daily Manual Dexterity Excercise #2: using index finger of right hand, practice pressing the "M" (for metronome, of course) key of a keyboard as rapidly as possible. The goal is to be able to press it 300 times in one minute. Repeat with each finger.

Most importantly...

Are waffles included with this position?

i wonder if the 20 people interested actually submitted resumes, and how Crown will choose...

do they require previous metronome experience?

will they choose based on the reputation of the person's college metronome program?

do they need letters of recommendation?

do they need leadership experience?

• Like 1

do they require previous metronome experience?

will they choose based on the reputation of the person's college metronome program?

do they need letters of recommendation?

do they need leadership experience?

These requirements are for a Met Caption Head. Crown only advertised for a tech...

• Like 2

These requirements are for a Met Caption Head. Crown only advertised for a tech...

but who designs the duties ? would that ne a Master of tics and tocs ?

but who designs the duties ? would that ne a Master of tics and tocs ?

I was born in the wrong era. When I was in school, I watched the synchronized tic toc of the clock because some of the classes were just so boring. But just imagine, today I might've got an A for such an " effort " if they had a " Masters Degree in the Metronome ".

Employer : " what do you believe is the best skill that you will be able to bring to this position should we choose to hire you ? "

Applicant ( with a Masters on the Met. ) : " I can tell the time better than any other of your applicants for this position ".

Edited by BRASSO

Wow.

There's a reason they call it "the suck." This adds a new level of insanity to that.

From Carolina Crown's Facebook:

"Crown is looking for a college aged student that can come to spring training and go on tour with us for the whole summer as our metronome technician. Cost? $0.00 But you really need to know how to run a DB-90 or be an aweful quick learner. Tough job, but you tour and hang with Crown all summer."

:huh: lol?

I thought that's what drum majors were for.

I was born in the wrong era. When I was in school, I watched the synchronized tic toc of the clock because some of the classes were just so boring. But just imagine, today I might've got an A for such an " effort " if they had a " Masters Degree in the Metronome ".

Employer : " what do you believe is the best skill that you will be able to bring to this position should we choose to hire you ? "

Applicant ( with a Masters on the Met. ) : " I can tell the time better than any other of your applicants for this position ".

But I wonder if a modern Met tech would be called a " electrical time engineer" and an older applicant might be an acoustic "time engineer who specializes in weight balance" ?