I bought Fan Network 2 weeks ago and it expires this month?

Don't know if this was last year or this year, but: http://dci.thefannetwork.org/store/service/display

Gist of it:

* Basic (Video on Demand only) - $49

* Live (Video on Demand + all live streams) - $79

* Live + DVD (VoD, live streams + Finals DVD) - $169

* Live + Blu ray (VoD, streams, + Finals Blu) - $189

All levels but Basic also include a %5 discount on "all transactions" (I assume that only means transactions associated w/FN and not all transactions from DCI)

Oh wow, NOW they update their prices. That is definitely this year, because that wasn't there two days ago.

Thank you.

Edited by DCIfan90

I agree. The first year or two I got pretty livid w/the streams, quality, and customer support (it seemed they literally had no idea what to do for Mac users). Last year I don't remember having any issues as far as screen freezing or anything. DCI has definitely improved this service, substantially, from year to year: meaning, every year seems to be substantially better than the year before.

Looking forward to what they do this year, and hoping (unreasonably, maybe), that they'll stream finals.

the live streams last year were easily the best, and I had the $59 package I believe. Worth it

Is there a cut in there at all for the DVD's or BluRay?? Or are they just adding the cost of either on to the live webcast price?

Is there a cut in there at all for the DVD's or BluRay?? Or are they just adding the cost of either on to the live webcast price?

It looks like they're just adding the cost onto the subscription.

It looks like they're just adding the cost onto the subscription.

Well thanks for giving us an incentive to buy it as a package, DCI. In other words, I'll wait to see all the shows and decide if I even WANT the DVD's since there's no incentive to buy now as opposed to later.

DCI and drum corps in general complains about not enough money, but it doesn't seem they are doing themselves any favors when it comes to getting fans to buy stuff. Their marketing and promotions team needs to be replaced.

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 1

If you signed up in the last two weeks, email me - mat@dci.org. I'll roll you credit for what you paid, no problem.

We're working on getting all the info out, but as you might imagine, what was a "normal" rollout time is more "Chase" related. We'll get there. In the meantime, any and everyone can get a free preview account. We're going to re-broadcast the 2010 finals over three days, bookended by a few Chase commercials (no surprise, right?). We're using some new tech this year. Specifically, live shows are going to have a DVR function, and will be available for 72h after the show. This means you can "scrub" back to the beginning of live shows, so if you miss something, or your internet dives for a minute, there it is again. We'll still put up video-on-demand after. And if we botch something, it's etched for all to see. No pressure, right?

Anyhow, I think as we get out of the gate slowly this year, by the time the first shows roll out, this will be a very good change. This was a hard decision because it means we had to pay our CDN more, but it's also what everyone has asked for so many times... "can I go back and see X?" Now you can for live shows, too.

If you aren't yet a member, 11 days of free trial are now available!

Finally, we are *not* competing with the early-season cinema event. That will not appear on TFN.

Lots of love, appreciation for patience, and buy a ticket to a live event too! :)

-Mat

• Like 2

Not too thrilled about the $20. bump. It will take some convincing to buy the live package now, but thanks for the info and all the work, Mat.

Well thanks for giving us an incentive to buy it as a package, DCI. In other words, I'll wait to see all the shows and decide if I even WANT the DVD's since there's no incentive to buy now as opposed to later.

DCI and drum corps in general complains about not enough money, but it doesn't seem they are doing themselves any favors when it comes to getting fans to buy stuff. Their marketing and promotions team needs to be replaced.

If it's like last year, buying the DVD or Blu-ray package also means you get to see the Finals VoD the morning after Finals, vs a year later like past years.

FWIW, last year I gladly paid the added price for the DVD/finals VoD's. I spent more money on DCI last year than I did since I marched almost 15 years ago. So, yea, DCI is actually doing a decent job of getting fans to buy stuff (at least this fan).