I bought Fan Network 2 weeks ago and it expires this month?

They do expire on the same day (at least, in theory they're supposed to), and like the past 2 years, they've added extra days on with no explanation and wait until the very last minute to tell you what they're covering the upcoming summer. :blink:

At this point its beyond concerning and simply has to be accepted as par for the badly-promoted course.

Mike

Haha... like I was saying a couple weeks ago, mine was suppose to expire 4/30 then they extended it to 5/19, and now to 5/30. Would like for them to give some info soon though about this season....

Sooo anyone who bought the plus or premium subscription want to let us all know how much it cost them?

I'm still showing a May 31 expiration date so it's not showing me the package prices but I think I remember paying $59 for the Plus package last year.

Plus (Exp: 05/31/11)

Man, after reading all of this, I'm glad I didn't buy my subscription yet. I was going to the other day, but when I saw that all they offered was the basic package, I thought something was a little off. I guess I'll just sit back and wait for them to post the new prices/schedule for the upcoming season! :thumbup:

I know the pre-recorded shows' quality is usually pretty ok, but does anyone know how good/bad the quality of the live feeds usually are?

They're pretty good actually. They've been improving on them each year. Not like HD quality or anything, but more than good enough for sitting at the PC on a Saturday night.

Mike

+1. I was really impressed with the quality last year. A few hiccups here and there, but it's nothing worth getting upset over.

Sooo anyone who bought the plus or premium subscription want to let us all know how much it cost them?

I think I paid around $100, maybe a little bit more, but that included all the live streams, VOD of Finals the morning after, and the Finals DVD's.

They're pretty good actually. They've been improving on them each year. Not like HD quality or anything, but more than good enough for sitting at the PC on a Saturday night.

Mike

I agree. The first year or two I got pretty livid w/the streams, quality, and customer support (it seemed they literally had no idea what to do for Mac users). Last year I don't remember having any issues as far as screen freezing or anything. DCI has definitely improved this service, substantially, from year to year: meaning, every year seems to be substantially better than the year before.

Looking forward to what they do this year, and hoping (unreasonably, maybe), that they'll stream finals.

There is pricing now up for the 4 levels in the fan network , free preview until 5/31

Don't know if this was last year or this year, but: http://dci.thefannetwork.org/store/service/display

Gist of it:

* Basic (Video on Demand only) - $49

* Live (Video on Demand + all live streams) - $79

* Live + DVD (VoD, live streams + Finals DVD) - $169

* Live + Blu ray (VoD, streams, + Finals Blu) - $189

All levels but Basic also include a %5 discount on "all transactions" (I assume that only means transactions associated w/FN and not all transactions from DCI)