Reputation?

KAW

Sorry if I should already know this, but if you click on someone's dcp profile you can see that the system (I think) is assigning some sort of "reputation" to individuals, with labels like "Neutral" or "Excellent". What is the source of determining said "reputation"?

• Like 3

Sorry if I should already know this, but if you click on someone's dcp profile you can see that the system (I think) is assigning some sort of "reputation" to individuals, with labels like "Neutral" or "Excellent". What is the source of determining said "reputation"?

How many folks have clicked the red and green buttons on each post the person has posted.

In the lower right-hand corner of every post, there is a number with a red - or green + next to it. Each person can click one of those and it is added or subtracted from your total "reputation." You can not vote for your own posts (thus why you have neither option available for any of your posts).

In the lower right-hand corner of every post, there is a number with a red - or green + next to it. Each person can click one of those and it is added or subtracted from your total "reputation." You can not vote for your own posts (thus why you have neither option available for any of your posts).

So THAT'S where it's coming from. I was thinking there was a way to vote for the poster themself when you go to their profile. :doh:

• Like 2

Public opinion. Which is usually kinda skewed.

I already posted this rant/request in the sticky thread in the service center topics, but since this area of the forums seems to be kinda out of the way, I figured I'd throw it out again since nobody answered/commented on it yet...

"Here's what may be an odd request...are the colors red/green set in stone? Something like 20% of all males are red/green colorblind, including myself. I can see the difference in the +/-, as they are next to each other and a comparison can be made, but when the rating is by itself (for example, when viewing profiles), it's just a number in a circle.

I'm aware that wholesale changes for an individual is exhibiting quite a bit of hubris on my part, and also that for some reason green and red have become universal for stop/go, good/bad, etc., but if it's just changing a number in a line of code, and if there's no other reason than default, maybe a change could be made to blue/red, or black/white, or some other higher contrast scheme?

Or...maybe this should have been the first question...is there a high-contrast setting or skin available?"