A History Making Season

I think the whole Cadet's 2000 show was way above average - even the opener was fantastic!

Yeah, the last 2 or 3 minutes of the show is what makes it memorable, but without what came before it, it's nothing.

The whole musical package - just incredible.

I think it's the best drum corps show ever written. VERY few shows can come close. Maybe when Star did Pines of Rome, or the one show with Medea's Dance of Vengeance, maybe SCV 1989 or 1999, you all know the "memorable" shows, plus the shows before my time,

anyways

yeah

I would agree about cadets 2000, there is just something so perfect and magical to it. It really stands out. It's not my FAVORITE show, but Probably the show I think is the best from an 'everything' prospective.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 1

The years that I felt were the most historic so far in DCI from a quality/placement perspective(in my humble opinion)is:

And I have a feeling 2011 will be on that list as well. Lots of new contending corps, high quality show designs, fan-centric writing and larger operating budgets will help (thanks in part to the Chase deal). It feels like the stars are aligning for us this year but it could just be my preseason excitement.

I'll tweak:

82, 87, 90, 92, 95, 99, 2000, 2008

I'll tweak:

82, 87, 90, 92, 95, 99, 2000, 2008

Yes, this list is better to me.

It's a "Catch 22". You can design what you think is the greatest show on earth and it seems like you have it right where you want it to be, but you never really know until you actually throw it on the feild. Then some instructor comes along and tells you that changes have to be made. You can bet the ranch on it.