2011 Uniforms

loving the Phantom Guard look, not so into the front of the corps proper uni though. And for some reason I can't see the trooper pics so I can't wait to get home tonight and see if I can see them on my home computer.

Admittedly, there IS a bit of BD-ishness there....but maybe BD's new unis will no longer resemble the ones currently copying them. Dare I hope for a return to the cavalry-style of the 80s?

I really wish the would go back to the 70s/80s unis, especially with the Bacharach music. This corps has as rich or richer a tradition as any corps out there and they just don't embrace it. :( I just saw a tweet from a member about that how "sick" these unis look. That alone scares me! :) I read the description from Cesario and I horrified at the image in my mind's eye at what they could look like. They have some great music for this year IF they don't slice and dice it and will actually play a melody like they did in their "glory years."

• Like 3

When Cesario says "half," that usually means a left half/right half split. I'll try to stay calm. :lookaround:

The '04-'05 ones are actually one of my favorites as time goes on, and I'm guessing these will be the same. When they changed to the "modern" look in '94 there was an adjustment phase, and now that is as much the BD look as the open jackets before (still my personal favorites).

Mike

As a die hard Devs fan going back to the mid-80s, THE BD look to me will always be the open jackets and white plumes. The 94-03 were tolerable because they were not weird and over the top. Did not like the "pulled dinner jackets" in 04-05. The current ones are fairly clean and simple and would be fine if they would drop the awful looking "tail" and drop the Adidas stripes on the arms. Those stripes just look "we have some extra white material...what can we do with it?" I was glad to see the white plumes come back in 08. But it sounds like BD is set to change again for the sake of change. After recent years, my passion for DCI has been waning and I had the lowest expectations for a season this year than maybe ever. Just was not excited. Then I downloaded and listened to BD's Bacharach music and I was very very impressed. I thought IF they do this right, play some melody, this show could be great. The music has a feel at times of 88, which was a great show. I dared to hope after hearing that music, that BD was going to embrace their history, the heritage that makes the greater corps in the activity. Then I read about this uniform change, and I begin to think that nothing has changed in Concord and my initial concerns were valid. We'll see in about a week. I say every year here lately - will this be the last year I pay any attention to DCI? Hope not.

Ya not so much a fan of Phantom's look this year. I dunno. It just seems like the crest in the center was just kinda slapped on a plain uniform. Oh and throw on a mirror to make it sparkle. They look phoned in.

Colts: Funky... in a bad way. Red plumes are enticing, though.

Troop: Love the color scheme for horns, guard is "Ehh..." feeling.

Phantom: Burning passion of a thousand suns. Adore the uniforms and classy guard uniforms.

Am I the only person on DCP that actually thinks the current BD uniforms are... cool? The tail I really enjoy, most of all. Oh, and white plumes are always classy with the black shakos.

Nonetheless, I'm excited for their new uniforms.

Colts: Funky... in a bad way. Red plumes are enticing, though.

Troop: Love the color scheme for horns, guard is "Ehh..." feeling.

Phantom: Burning passion of a thousand suns. Adore the uniforms and classy guard uniforms.

Am I the only person on DCP that actually thinks the current BD uniforms are... cool? The tail I really enjoy, most of all. Oh, and white plumes are always classy with the black shakos.

Nonetheless, I'm excited for their new uniforms.

I'm with you. I love BD's unis over the last few years. I like corps who can keep the same uniforms, but tweak them (colors and such) to fit their show.

• Like 1

I really thought BD adding the white plumes / vest accessory really brightened up the whole look of the uniform. I'm not so much a fan of the half cape or the track stripes, though. Honestly, for me if they'd just redo that same cut of jacket without those, I'd be a happy camper.

Mike

• Like 2

i6y2ps.jpg

Troopers

I'm ok with it. I think an improvement over the previous one. I'll reserve judgment till I see it on the field. Not to sure about the guard uni though.

By the way, interesting looking mouth pieces on the mellophones. I've never seen anything like that. What is the purpose of all that metal?

Jagged Edge

Another one from their Facebook page:

247393_1745832447536_1290520162_31597723_5204484_n.jpg JAGGED EDGE DECEPTION