2011 Uniforms

With regards to what we've seen so far:

Colts... The uniform is "ok" but man alive, they need to get a better fit on those shakos. What's with the "over the ear" look? Most of them simply look too big and when they start falling down/back, they look really bando. As for the uniform itself, I preferred last years but this one does not offend me in any way.

Cascades... Put simply, I love them. I hope those plumes are as bright green in reality. Hopefully we can see a resurgence of this corps.

Troopers... I like the modern take on a classic uniform. i understand the need to clean up the uniform visually, but I am a bit old school and miss the traditional cavalry look. Hopefully the drum major is still rocking it old school. GUard uniform looksok, but I hope it is not to messy on the field, however, they should pop real nicely against the corps proper.

Phantom... Words cannot describe how much I love this uniform. The crest is fantastic. The black accents work. We can actually see the chevrons. I would have mabey gone for some color in the plumage though, and probably would not have gone with black as that disappears into the backdrop at LOS. Perhaps white with burgandy and metallic bits. Guard uniform is amazing. Very much so with the period for Romeo and Juliet, sexy and feminine. Awesome job!

Now for things I want to see (aka Cainans wish list)

Blue Devils... a modern take on the 80's look. Nothing too ver the top. I remember back to the 80's and seeing BD come out with the open coats and tux shirts, they just had a certain swagger to them that I miss.

Spirit of Atlanta... one single color on the pants. Black please. Other than that, don't change a thing.

The Academy... Something a bit lighter that says something about where they are from. Some earth tones or desert southwest colors. Bronze (metallic), copper, turquoise. That to me would be fantastic.

Madison... Don't change a thing... ever. With the exception of mabey dropping the black in the drop sash and adding red.

Blue Stars... Sorry, but I hate this uniform. I hate it so bad that anything to me would be better. But trying to be constructive, I would probably go with white pants and shoes.

Blue Knights... Dots.

Santa Clara Vanguard... White pants/shoes.

• Like 2

Colts... The uniform is "ok" but man alive, they need to get a better fit on those shakos. What's with the "over the ear" look? Most of them simply look too big and when they start falling down/back, they look really bando. As for the uniform itself, I preferred last years but this one does not offend me in any way.

Cascades... Put simply, I love them. I hope those plumes are as bright green in reality. Hopefully we can see a resurgence of this corps.

Troopers... I like the modern take on a classic uniform. i understand the need to clean up the uniform visually, but I am a bit old school and miss the traditional cavalry look. Hopefully the drum major is still rocking it old school. GUard uniform looksok, but I hope it is not to messy on the field, however, they should pop real nicely against the corps proper.

Phantom... Words cannot describe how much I love this uniform. The crest is fantastic. The black accents work. We can actually see the chevrons. I would have mabey gone for some color in the plumage though, and probably would not have gone with black as that disappears into the backdrop at LOS. Perhaps white with burgandy and metallic bits. Guard uniform is amazing. Very much so with the period for Romeo and Juliet, sexy and feminine. Awesome job!

Blue Devils... a modern take on the 80's look. Nothing too ver the top. I remember back to the 80's and seeing BD come out with the open coats and tux shirts, they just had a certain swagger to them that I miss.

Spirit of Atlanta... one single color on the pants. Black please. Other than that, don't change a thing.

The Academy... Something a bit lighter that says something about where they are from. Some earth tones or desert southwest colors. Bronze (metallic), copper, turquoise. That to me would be fantastic.

Madison... Don't change a thing... ever. With the exception of mabey dropping the black in the drop sash and adding red.

Blue Stars... Sorry, but I hate this uniform. I hate it so bad that anything to me would be better. But trying to be constructive, I would probably go with white pants and shoes.

Blue Knights... Dots.

Love on Phantom anymore and you'll get pregnant

Edited by ihatechewis08
  • Like 4

Blue Knights... Dots.

Couldn't agree more. I would love to see the Vanguard bring back the white pants with the red stripe down the sides. It stands out so much more on the field and can really bring out the Vanguard's beautiful marching.

Actually there is a bit of sliver in the feathers! There are thin strips of silver throughout the length of the 'chicken'. Plus the feathers have a bit of sheen to them - they are not a flat black. I like this color change! The white chickens blended into the uniform and the helmet. Until they were within a few feet of you they were barely noticable.

Actually there is a bit of sliver in the feathers! There are thin strips of silver throughout the length of the 'chicken'. Plus the feathers have a bit of sheen to them - they are not a flat black. I like this color change! The white chickens blended into the uniform and the helmet. Until they were within a few feet of you they were barely noticable.

i'm looking at pictures from their parade on facebook (not on their page). I like how the uniforms look but my two concerns are 1. the chickens. I think the black goes well with the uniform, but not sure it will make them look quite as tall as the white, and as someone said, they may get lost in the backdrop. I just hope they don't look like just round helmets from afar. also , I am seeing kind of baggy uniforms, maybe they aren't all fitted yet, but I'm hoping these ones are just as well fitted to each individual as the 09/10 uni was. also, there is no cape :( :( :( :( . In any case, still a very nice and classy uniform, i am very pleased.

as far as the other corps, someone mentioned blue stars and vanguard? are they getting new uniforms????? I think vanguards current one is PERFECT. As for blue stars, i wish they'd go back to their old one (sans the helmet) , blue with a white 'cross/baldric' thing, not sure what it's called, and the buckle in the middle. They had an image that was classically THEM, only so many corps can say that.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

I actually think it's a snazzy uniform. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a ton of blue on it.

From what I hear, the new BD uni isn't going to be a modern take on the retro 80's uni. Sorry to disappoint some of you folks :sad:

Also, the new Crown uni is going to have a lot of characteristics and "the look" similar to a certain corps' uniform from the 90's. Anyone want to guess who it is?

Also, the new Crown uni is going to have a lot of characteristics and "the look" similar to a certain corps' uniform from the 90's. Anyone want to guess who it is?

God help them if it is '93 Glassmen :tongue:

• Like 4