2011 Uniforms

Those unis look and work great together. The only thing that bothers me is the white gloves on the burgundy unis. But, eh, details. :rolleyes:

Craig - so still with the white (awesome) accents?

Yes, they are continuing with the white epulets, cross straps, drops, tassles, and gauntlets. Someone asked about the black on the back of BAC's jackets back in the day. Actually, the black was put on the jackets first in 1979 for visual contrast reasons. The 1964-1978 look is really close to what they have now.

Craig

• Like 1

Yes, they are continuing with the white epulets, cross straps, drops, tassles, and gauntlets. Someone asked about the black on the back of BAC's jackets back in the day. Actually, the black was put on the jackets first in 1979 for visual contrast reasons. The 1964-1978 look is really close to what they have now.

Good to hear - the white makes them look great from a distance.

Mike

I know that some corps look at uniforms more as costumes, to be changed with each show theme. While I have no problem with that, Boston has always looked at them as actual uniforms to be revered. (no pun, 27 fans... :tongue: ) The kids really regard them as something very special, to be held, worn, and treated in a very particular manner. You or I might think more of it as part of the brand...

Those unis look and work great together. The only thing that bothers me is the white gloves on the burgundy unis. But, eh, details. :rolleyes:

I noticed the glove thing too. I also noticed the drum color. The drums look white in the picture........maybe go with a gold finish on the drums.....but ya just weird details. I would say it is a safe bet that the corps has already addressed or talked about that.

All in all I cant' wait to see what the final product of that show will be.

Cadets, SCV, and BD are the 3 corps I'm most excited to see this year.

I know that some corps look at uniforms more as costumes, to be changed with each show theme. While I have no problem with that, Boston has always looked at them as actual uniforms to be revered. (no pun, 27 fans... :tongue: ) The kids really regard them as something very special, to be held, worn, and treated in a very particular manner. You or I might think more of it as part of the brand...

Hey craiga!

How long does a set of your unis last?

I've found that 2 years and its REALLY time to burn them!

The corps gets very specific use and care instructions and the unis are cleaned often, still.......

Or are you just saying that the design stays the same?

New uniforms every couple of years, but same style and design?

Hey craiga!

How long does a set of your unis last?

I've found that 2 years and its REALLY time to burn them!

The corps gets very specific use and care instructions and the unis are cleaned often, still.......

Or are you just saying that the design stays the same?

New uniforms every couple of years, but same style and design?

Well if you're affiliated with Phantom, it's no wonder because white anything is pretty impossible... :smile: No, I was referring to the style and look of the uniforms. The actual unis probably can last 5 or 6 years tops, I would think. Less for white accessories.