2011 Uniforms

No it's not.

Is :thumbup:

OK - I'm done now. :tongue:

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

OK...so, for what my 2 cents are worth (yes, I know, 2 cents...)...

Cascades - Pretty nice, especially the lighter shades of green. I always thought the dark/forest green got lost on the field, so this is a nice change.

Colts - hmmmmm. I think it's better than what they've been wearing since '07, but that's not saying too much. While the bolty thingy is intresting, I don't know how well it's going to read on the field.

Cadets - nice concept, but need to see it on the field. However, they are a nice variation on the traditional Cadets look.

Phantom - I really love this new uniform. A nice change of style without completely going off the deep end. However, I'm still one of those rare creatures who thought the Khaki uniforms were the best...and I still do.

Trooper - I like the way the uniform looks, but not on the Troopers. I'm a fan of the original...it concretely defined the corps and gave them their identity.

Academy - uh, excuse me, but your corps is based in Arizona, the summer around the rest of the United States is generally hot to scorching...AND YOU HAVE BLACK-FREAKING UNIFORMS? I love the way they look, BUT IT'S A BLACK-FREAKING UNIFORM. 'nuff said.

Blue Devils - two words: EPIC FAIL! I know some of the drum corps universe thinks this is the quintessential, state-of-the-art piece of brilliance that makes BD the gold-standard of the activity (you also probably thought Constantly Risking Absurdity was the all-time best show)...and, that's the great thing about a subjective activity - their will never be 100% agreement, or vice-versa. However, this uniform is bordering on vomit-inducing. I don't care that it supposedly fits their show. In my opinion, it ranks as one of the worst ever...not that I have an opinion.

• Like 7

They threw some odd stripes on a normal uniform jacket and pants. Crown is the only corps that has debuted a remotely "innovative" uniform recently.

It won't be cuts, colors, or patterns that innovate. Someone needs to totally change the notion that a "uniform" consists of a jacket and bibs.

I don't know. I think I'd add Academy's new uni to the list.

Academy - uh, excuse me, but your corps is based in Arizona, the summer around the rest of the United States is generally hot to scorching...AND YOU HAVE BLACK-FREAKING UNIFORMS? I love the way they look, BUT IT'S A BLACK-FREAKING UNIFORM. 'nuff said.

You do realize that they had black and red before. . 2 dark colors. And haven't uniforms been starting to be made out of different materials now compared to back in 2004? I'm sure they are much lighter and breath more than the old uniforms.

• Like 1

My take after more time:

Academy - Love love love the idea. I do wish they would've taken the buttons off of the shoulders and also, the silver at the bottom looks weird.

Blue Devils - Don't hate them. I just wish the center part of the jacket didn't look like construction paper.

Cadets - Awesome! works with the theme, and is something different for the corps without being like 2006. :blink:

Colts - Meh, works with the theme I guess. A little silly imo.

Phantom - Really growing on me. Works great for this year.

Troopers - Love the upgrade. Even more so the guard. The contrast will look amazing on the field.

Edited by ShouldveMarchedAgeOut
  • Like 2

I like it...but I wouldn't call it a uniform. I think this would fit under the catagory of a "costume". Any idea what the shako is going to look like?

They're all costumes. However, just because it has a few awkward stripes doesn't mean it's anything especially revolutionary.

And to the poster above, I'd agree that Academy's new uniform joins Crown. However, I'm not sure how its constructed or how the pieces work together so it's difficult to say!

• Like 1