2011 Uniforms

We are 1 season away from realizing that trying to squeeze costuming ideas inside the notion of a conventional "uniform" isn't working. Just go all the way. Seriously. Ditch this old notion of a "military-style" uniform and go the WGI route!

Sort of what I was thinking too. Many corps are reaching the point where they wear a 'costume' version of what used to be a uniform. They look like theatrical costumes of what a wardrobe designer imagines a uniform ought to be. Frankly, I don't care for most of the recent designs, including just about all of this year's new ones. Just my opinion.

Maybe I shouldn't criticize. After all, I've marched in a corps whose uniform broke away from the 'military' mold 64 years ago.

• Like 1

You do realize that they had black and red before. . 2 dark colors. And haven't uniforms been starting to be made out of different materials now compared to back in 2004? I'm sure they are much lighter and breath more than the old uniforms.

Going to look very small on the field. Not just the heat.

Corps that had all black , dark blue and red have gone away from it.

Academy - uh, excuse me, but your corps is based in Arizona, the summer around the rest of the United States is generally hot to scorching...AND YOU HAVE BLACK-FREAKING UNIFORMS? I love the way they look, BUT IT'S A BLACK-FREAKING UNIFORM. 'nuff said.

Oh yeah because you rehearse in your uniform....

Edited by tubamarc8891
  • Like 6

"Ugly as sin" is not innovation.

It's okay, he just forgot that your opinion is the only valid one here. Clearly. Is there any other knowledge you'd like to share with us, All-Knowing One? :tongue:

• Like 3

They threw some odd stripes on a normal uniform jacket and pants. Crown is the only corps that has debuted a remotely "innovative" uniform recently.

It won't be cuts, colors, or patterns that innovate. Someone needs to totally change the notion that a "uniform" consists of a jacket and bibs.

Maybe, but if it were me I'd prefer not to march in a uniform that has felt on it that can't even get wet.

Well....

Crown's uniforms from last year were amazing. After you actually look at how they work with everything else on the field, it was great. Personally having worn the fabric they used in the uniform during my last two indoor seasons, it's really not that bad. They can get wet, but it takes forever to dry. Crown this year looks stunning. But when pics get out, everyone's going to be up in flames about them. They're hot, they work with the show.

Blue Devils uniforms are sick. Those are by far the most visually stunning uniform I have seen and it's no surprise it comes from them. I'm not a BD fan really, but the uniform is cool and the music they have out so far sounds awesome.

Troopers...I agree with whoever said they needed something around the waist to tie it together. But they're coming around to the traditional style look of drum corps now despite the fact that their calvary style uniform was classy.

Academy's uniform is kinda a surprise. I think I like it so far though. I'll wait to see how it works on the field but so far, it's really classy looking. Looks too much like a tuxedo though.

• Like 5

Well....

Crown's uniforms from last year were amazing. After you actually look at how they work with everything else on the field, it was great. Personally having worn the fabric they used in the uniform during my last two indoor seasons, it's really not that bad. They can get wet, but it takes forever to dry. Crown this year looks stunning. But when pics get out, everyone's going to be up in flames about them. They're hot, they work with the show.

Blue Devils uniforms are sick. Those are by far the most visually stunning uniform I have seen and it's no surprise it comes from them. I'm not a BD fan really, but the uniform is cool and the music they have out so far sounds awesome.

Troopers...I agree with whoever said they needed something around the waist to tie it together. But they're coming around to the traditional style look of drum corps now despite the fact that their calvary style uniform was classy.

Academy's uniform is kinda a surprise. I think I like it so far though. I'll wait to see how it works on the field but so far, it's really classy looking. Looks too much like a tuxedo though.

THANK YOU SIR! Finally somebody I can agree with. :worthy: