2011 Uniforms

Say... someone want to *cough* "accidently release to the public" some Crown photos? *wink**wink**nudge**nudge*

But seriously, there is a ton of hype going into freaking uniforms this season.

I, though, think it is fun and worthwhile to debate over whether one fabric concept is innovative or disastrous!

Academy: Pleasantly surprised. It has room for tweaking season after season with a different shirt/tie color combination.

Blue Devils: It's not earth shattering, but it's alright. I could do without the black striping on the left sleeve. It would have looked better as white stripes or just a solid blue sleeve with those small white stripes continuing to the shoulder. My only real issue is that huge drop sash. It's gone from small dangly sash to a half skirt.

BD is pushing creativity somewhere - not too shure about a "new high"....

I am pretty sure someone was high.

I almost kind of like BDs uniform. As with all the new designs I will have to see the full corps on the move before making my final judgement. Wish they would get rid of the skirt-thingy.

255703_10150206579699563_549704562_7150982_2375707_n.jpg

From the front, not too bad. I am concerned about it from the back though. Need to see it on the field. At first glance, it does not look good, BUT the Blue Devils are masters at designing a color palette and I am sure that they thought this through.

My only real issue is that huge drop sash. It's gone from small dangly sash to a half skirt.

I havent seen this one up close, but the panel (that's what we actually call them) had gotten smaller each season from 08-10. This years looks just about as long as last years, but is more stylized with the slit in the side and will probably look really cool in motion.

• Like 1

I havent seen this one up close, but the panel (that's what we actually call them) had gotten smaller each season from 08-10. This years looks just about as long as last years, but is more stylized with the slit in the side and will probably look really cool in motion.

Has it always wrapped around that far? Maybe I'm just now noticing how far it goes because it is blue on the outside instead of black.

Has it always wrapped around that far? Maybe I'm just now noticing how far it goes because it is blue on the outside instead of black.

I would need to see it in person. It may be the way he's wearing it. But to answer your question, no. In previous years it lined up with the white stripe on the front of the leg.

The blue definitely makes it more noticeable, though.

remember, we're talking about fabric here

sh3tjustgotreal.jpg

I lol'd and gave you a green + however it seems your statement is becoming increasingly immaterial in this thread. I had once thought of opening a craft shop called Sew What when I retire :wink: but instead I may go to more drum corps shows to see how the look looks.