2011 Uniforms

OK guys... this thread is about UNIFORMS...

Can we please get back on topic?

K thanx... BYE!

• Like 2

That picture is from the "Centerstage" performance. The theater isn't big enough for the entire corps, so that's only about half of the music ensemble. I've heard they have 83 horns total this year!

Oh and spotted a few pics of the new uni floating around on facebook after the first public "unveiling"...

260471_1594477720132_1781625017_1055643_989933_n.jpg

I don't really like the collar and tie.....outside of that..they are definitely different...should be interesting to see on the field...

crowndrums.jpg

Kinda dig it.

Definite upgrade from last year.

Yeah. Crown's are a little different, but I noticed that as well. :cool:

Edited by skajerk

So, nothing too radical so far:

Crown: re-trimmed vest from last year, black undershirt instead of brown, re-colored shako and plume. I was sorta hoping they would get away from the giant shoulder wings, but looks like they will be married to them for another year or so. I really thought they might go with a different sort of jacket that had a rock/fashion feel to it. The flames on the drums are a fun touch.

BD: I think this will probably be fantastic on the field. Despite the angst and hand-wringing from some, it comes off as just a slight push off from what they've been doing the past few years. A few elements are emphasized or abstracted, but they even clung to the overlapping coat style they've had since '94. I'll bet it is designed to work specifically with certain drill/prop moves in the show.

Troopers: more gold added to last year's certainly helps it.

Academy: I've been waiting for someone to resurrect the tuxedo look at some point (and add tails). It looks like a modern (and no doubt better fitting) interpretation of the old Magic jackets. Those were originally designed to evoke "a symphony orchestra on the field" and that idea seems to fit with Academy. As they haven't added even a thin sash of any sort, they may also have the same visual hiccup from a distance: The white shirt area against the dark field around it can look like a floating bib. Hopefully the lower "undervest" will counteract that, as the details they put into the whole thing look so classy up close.

• Like 1