2011 Uniforms

crowndrums.jpg

Easily my new favorite Crown uniform. I was scared by some of the hesitance of people who had seen it, and am now bewildered -- I don't know who couldn't love this. (inb4 "I do!" or other snarky replies) Visually sharp in every way. Only complaint I have is that the pure white drumheads seem a little off to me with the whole uniform. Maybe I want them to be black. Not sure.

Edit: I also appreciate that the drum decals appear to be randomized somewhat, or perhaps in sets of twos/threes. Either way, I would be a little disappointed if it was the same exact pattern of flames on all drums.

Edited by Stryfe

crowndrums.jpg

Are they wearing a 3/4 sleeve? Is that only percussion or is it for the entire corps? If so, not sure if gloves will be in the works again this year. One of the first things that came to mind was this is almost an inversion of Glassmen's 97-02 uniforms

Edited by myopinion
  • Like 1

Easily my new favorite Crown uniform. I was scared by some of the hesitance of people who had seen it, and am now bewildered -- I don't know who couldn't love this. (inb4 "I do!" or other snarky replies) Visually sharp in every way. Only complaint I have is that the pure white drumheads seem a little off to me with the whole uniform. Maybe I want them to be black. Not sure.

Edit: I also appreciate that the drum decals appear to be randomized somewhat, or perhaps in sets of twos/threes. Either way, I would be a little disappointed if it was the same exact pattern of flames on all drums.

They're on the bass heads as well...didn't see that at first.

And they look like identical decals (easier for production)...look at the snare center front...then look at the snare back line on your right...same decal...same position on the drum.

Likewise front rank, 2 guys on the outsides...same decal, same placement on THEIR drums, although slightly different from the center.

When they line up it'll probably complete a line o' flame image.

Basses have the same decal as well. Tenors probably do.

crowndrums.jpg

Edited by 84BDsop

I like'm! :thumbup:

Now, I am not sure if the horn line has this also with the uniforms, but I think if they added black matching gloves they would look fantastic! Overall I like them! :thumbup:

They will have black gloves this season

• Like 1

yeah, glassmen was the first thing i thought, too.

i think i like them, though. need to see them up close.

I'm pretty sure these are the same uniforms as last season. They just swapped out the parts that were designed to be swapped out (exchanging the gold/brown shirt and paisley breast piece for an all-black motif).

The fact that many here are identifying them as new speaks to how well the design works :-)

They literally look like new uniforms.

I'm pretty sure these are the same uniforms as last season. They just swapped out the parts that were designed to be swapped out (exchanging the gold/brown shirt and paisley breast piece for an all-black motif).

The fact that many here are identifying them as new speaks to how well the design works :-)

They literally look like new uniforms.

Not uncommon...there are people who think Star of Indiana got new unis every other year or so....when the truth is the only had three sets...85-88 (the famous pink tops with the star) that only had a couple of changes (the switch from aussies to shakos, and black pants to white), 89-92 (which had somewhat major changes to the tunic, but they were still basically the same jackets), and 93.