2011 Uniforms

Not uncommon...there are people who think Star of Indiana got new unis every other year or so....when the truth is the only had three sets...85-88 (the famous pink tops with the star) that only had a couple of changes (the switch from aussies to shakos, and black pants to white), 89-92 (which had somewhat major changes to the tunic, but they were still basically the same jackets), and 93.

Not disagreeing that Star (sometimes radically) changed their look -- I was simply pointing out that the "how" in this case is quite different.

Not disagreeing that Star (sometimes radically) changed their look -- I was simply pointing out that the "how" in this case is quite different.

Well yes...Crown designed their unis for changes from the get go....back in the Star era you had to make up your changes as they came up and work with what you had instead of planning for a future change.

My dearest Luna....speaking from a Cavies homer/FMM and someone that marched with both organizations to an obvious BD homer (based on your recent posts) . The Cavaliers uniform is based on that of history and tradition and what you see is what you get, much like the Cadets.These two uniforms and that of the Troopers are probably the most recognizable in all of DCI history over the years.

And before you make any judgements about a show you havent seen, I promise you that what the men have put on the field this year has not been done before. And,, IMO much more innovative than moving big stick boxes or mirrors or chairs around a field and i promise you that it takes WAY more skill. THe Cavaliers have done a very good job of editing their Facebook posts, pics, articles etc...as to not let the surprise out. But everyone will know soon enough. And kudos to the drum corps community for respecting their wishes to keep it under wraps.

So we're not supposed to judge shows we haven't seen while you judge a show you haven't seen? Did I get that right? I just want to make sure I'm not missing some sort of joke; I can be slow sometimes with internet sarcasm and it sounds like you might be posting ironically?

I DO kinda wish they'd painted the harnesses to match the pants...kinda distracting to see that black belly plate (like seeing the T-bar come out from under Star's first uniforms...all that money and they couldn't afford some black paint??

I DO kinda wish they'd painted the harnesses to match the pants...kinda distracting to see that black belly plate (like seeing the T-bar come out from under Star's first uniforms...all that money and they couldn't afford some black paint??

You mean, you want them to PAINT IT BLACK! tongue.gif

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 1

If you are going to steal the photo and the remark, can you at least say that you got it from Facebook/dcfilms?

My photo, my post.

JC

Excuse me!! I have no idea who you are, I do not follow whatever it is you do on facebook. The pictures are from another who posted here on this thread and the comments were what I thought were original. You assume way too much.

Kinda dig it.

Definite upgrade from last year.

upgrade from last year? it looks like the same uniform with a black shirt instead of the brown suede thing from last year. not really much of a change other than the two tone shako and black plume.