What would you most like to see this season

SO TRUE!

That's why I never get an seat on the ends. By the time the row is filled with 'adults', the last seat or two is on the stairs!

(do we REALLY expand that much as we get older??) :blink:

Luckily I had two seats from my booster club perks. I was still squeezed in! I'm definitely going to have to lose weight before the show this year.

It would be nice to see one of the "limited tour" corps like Crest, Academy, Surf, etc. make it into Finals.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

What I would like to see most this season is.....

# More fans in the seats at quarter and semi finals

(forget the hotel pool and restaurant dinners..and be a true drum corps fan and watch some great drum corps from bottom to top while chowing down on a true drum corps fans dinner (hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, pizza...etc...).

# Less usage of amplification/electronics and everything else that gets plugged in....

# More melodic lines and less frenetic and choppy music....

# Limited rain outs...

# An injury free season....

# Safe travels for all.... :smile:

• Like 1

I'd most like to see Regiment pull a "Spartacus" and win!

My pie-in-the-sky wish would be to see a Suncoast Sound Alumni corps preform at championships. I'd like to "cheer" for those folks that taught me to march and play and changed my life for the better.

• Like 1

I totally agree as long as we dont have to always revert back to something 40 years ago because it worked then. Not that some couldnt work now BUT many new things can be entertaing also. I guess it's all subjective though. Many , many are not entertained lately BUT many many are . So there lies the age old argument I guess. WHAT IS ENTERTAINMENT..... Guess it just depends who you talk to. :blink:

I never said we had to revert to days gone by. Thats what I loved ablut the mid 80's to late 90's...lots of new music never heard before, but arranged in a way you can follow, not an afterthought to a visual idea.

Fans don't have to know it to enjoy it, that's been proven countless times. Outside of the main Bond theme for Cavies 04, I didn't know what they played, but I loved it. Hell I know many fans in their early 30's that only knew of the legend of Spartacus in 08, but had no clue what the 81 and 82 shows sounded like, yet they loved it. I mean, it's still the only show I ever saw get a standing ovation in the movie theater.

finals not being in the oil can

he said this year not 2050 :tongue:

• Like 1

I never said we had to revert to days gone by. Thats what I loved ablut the mid 80's to late 90's...lots of new music never heard before, but arranged in a way you can follow, not an afterthought to a visual idea.

Fans don't have to know it to enjoy it, that's been proven countless times. Outside of the main Bond theme for Cavies 04, I didn't know what they played, but I loved it. Hell I know many fans in their early 30's that only knew of the legend of Spartacus in 08, but had no clue what the 81 and 82 shows sounded like, yet they loved it. I mean, it's still the only show I ever saw get a standing ovation in the movie theater.

never said YOU said we need to revert back...just making a general statement. As far as PR 08..I loved it BUT to me it still was very over rated...but that's another topic...JMO

I'd like to see the Blue Devils put aside all the Bando nonsence and get back to the Business of Drum Corps.

Same goes for Spirit (they should burn their electronics in the parking lot and bring it like they used to.

I'd like to See Crown Take 1st at Finals.

I'd like to see the Madison Scouts charge past the Cavaliers.

I'd like to hear the Madison Contra (Tuba) line play instead of their Synth player.

I'd like to see the Cadets do another old time Military Parade Block like last year. (very cool)

I want Pioneer to to jump 10 places this year with a full Hornline.

• Like 1

I'd like to see the Blue Devils put aside all the Bando nonsence and get back to the Business of Drum Corps.

Same goes for Spirit (they should burn their electronics in the parking lot and bring it like they used to.

I'd like to See Crown Take 1st at Finals.

I'd like to see the Madison Scouts charge past the Cavaliers.

I'd like to hear the Madison Contra (Tuba) line play instead of their Synth player.

I'd like to see the Cadets do another old time Military Parade Block like last year. (very cool)

I want Pioneer to to jump 10 places this year with a full Hornline.

You mean the "Bando nonsense" that left them undefeated for the last 2 seasons.......I bet you'd like to see them put that aside! And....pray tell, when did BD depart from the Business of Drum Corps???. :ph34r:

Having said that..... I would also like to see the Scouts do well this year, but I think SCV be the Bluecoats of 2011.

• Like 1