Season opening dates in TX

I know the story... the G8, etc..

All that crap aside, anyone else think it kind of funny the season is opening with 2 shows deep in the heart of Texas, Ft. Worth and Austin, and none of the 4 DCI corps in the state of Texas are in either of those shows?

Instead they are dragging corps in from Cali and SC.

And I know the what the motivation is for these shows.. but wouldn't Crossmen, Revo, Forte or Genesis benefit from being tagged onto the front of these shows or at least associated with them. Hell they are in their home state..

(Yeah it's Wed and I'm bored at work :rolleyes: )

• Like 2

Nope!

Let's start the season with a face-melting, burnout of sound!

By Sunday nite (or maybe Monday if they keep the scores secret) we WILL know who is leading the field for the 2011 summer music season!!!!!!!!

....just wish I could be there. I've gotta wait for Monday nite at the movies......

Nope!

By Sunday nite (or maybe Monday if they keep the scores secret) we WILL know who is leading the field for the 2011 summer music season!!!!!!!!

....just wish I could be there. I've gotta wait for Monday nite at the movies......

Eh.. I know.. and I know what the purpose and format was designed for.. but if you are trying out "new and special things" let one of them do a stand still outside the stadium entrance as people go in... Arc them up and let them hammer 20-30 min before the show. Cool atmosphere for folks as they are going in.. and exposure for them.

I'm not interested in the G8 shows. I'm perfectly happy to wait until San Antonio so I can see everybody perform. :thumbup:

• Like 3

I'm not interested in the G8 shows. I'm perfectly happy to wait until San Antonio so I can see everybody perform. :thumbup:

San Antonio should be GREAT!

The TOC corps will have hammered on each other at least 5 times and there just might be an opening for someone else to pop up into the top 8 and make a run for the Finals.

IF a corps were to make a move, THAT would be the show to do it.

• Like 1

As the man said..."let one of them do a stand still outside the stadium entrance as people go in... Arc them up and let them hammer 20-30 min before the show. Cool atmosphere for folks as they are going in.. and exposure for them."

Here's an idea! Since the "G8" have the bulk of the show wrapped up, why not let corps from Texas do "crowd warm-up" outside the stadium?

The only question would be, would the G8 be willing to part with a little of their profits to benefit themselves by including other corps in their events? It would go a long way toward easing the negative feelings many fans have toward the G8!

As the man said..."let one of them do a stand still outside the stadium entrance as people go in... Arc them up and let them hammer 20-30 min before the show. Cool atmosphere for folks as they are going in.. and exposure for them."

Here's an idea! Since the "G8" have the bulk of the show wrapped up, why not let corps from Texas do "crowd warm-up" outside the stadium?

The only question would be, would the G8 be willing to part with a little of their profits to benefit themselves by including other corps in their events? It would go a long way toward easing the negative feelings many fans have toward the G8!

Good thought!

But, arent most of the Texas corps that mentioned already on their way doing their own tour?

Its probably too late to invite them to do this - this year.

Nope!

right, because if the 4 corps listed in the OP were at the show also, you wouldn't know who came out in first place.

None of the corps competing at this show are from anywhere near Texas, yet they are making the trek for 2 shows at the very beginning of the season. Does this make economic sense?

right, because if the 4 corps listed in the OP were at the show also, you wouldn't know who came out in first place.

None of the corps competing at this show are from anywhere near Texas, yet they are making the trek for 2 shows at the very beginning of the season. Does this make economic sense?

Well and if that's what they want to do.. more power to them... what ever floats their boat if they can afford it.

But the two SA corps are about 80-90 miles from the Round Rock show. Forte is like 25-26 miles from the Ft Worth one. Hell those 3 could car pool.

Chris M and his bunch are about in Northern Mexico so it's further for them... :tongue:

But the rest? I mean offer it as a non-paid exposure thing maybe? Never know they may not even be interested.

Edited by WWonka